The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, cstand said:

The problem for black people in the public eye is they are being told by BLM you are either with us or against us. Pity we don’t have a Candance Owens in this country.

Or a Terence K Williams/Brandon Tatum but we have Lammy and Abbot.

17 minutes ago, cstand said:

The problem for black people in the public eye is they are being told by BLM you are either with us or against us. Pity we don’t have a Candance Owens in this country.

2 minutes ago, cstand said:

Or a Terence K Williams/Brandon Tatum but we have Lammy and Abbot.

I assume you're approaching this subject as a black person yourself?

2 hours ago, jimmyp said:

Could you post the rest of what he said in his column that day? 

What you have quoted appears to start from a midpoint in his sentence. 

I'm sure you don't need my help - feel free to post any of Johnson's quotes or sayings you want to.

12 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I assume you're approaching this subject as a black person yourself?

No white as snow but I am prepared to listen to the voice of reason from decent people especially black people otherwise some people on this forum think you have no right to comment on race issues.

1 minute ago, cstand said:

No white as snow but I am prepared to listen to the voice of reason from decent people especially black people otherwise some people on this forum think you have no right to comment on race issues.

Do you not think that black people are telling you what they think by taking to the streets? Or does it have to be spelled out for you in big letters?

4 minutes ago, cstand said:

Do you have any examples of black people who's reason you listen to that aren't politically close to Trump?

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Do you not think that black people are telling you what they think by taking to the streets? Or does it have to be spelled out for you in big letters?

So you are telling me the only voices I should listen to are black people on the streets. The same people that have killed other black men do you mean? Google David Dorm and GROW UP.

10 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Do you have any examples of black people who's reason you listen to that aren't politically close to Trump?

Black people close to Trump in the White House how can that be thought the whole of America was completely racist and black people have no opportunities in their lives to better themselves.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm sure you don't need my help - feel free to post any of Johnson's quotes or sayings you want to.

I have no particular desire to post Boris Johnson quotes. 

I just wondered why your quote appeared to start mid sentence?

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Why are you pleased that they are losing the goodwill of the public?

Can we assume that you don't agree with their cause, which is to get rid of racism for once and for all? I would have thought that was a noble cause, and I'm pretty certain that most of the participants are as horrified as I am that their aspirations are being undermined by idiots with, I assume, their own agenda.

Is that the royal we? If you mean can you assume then you're totally wrong in your assumption. Just because I don't condone the manner of their protests in the middle of a global pandemic doesn't mean I don't support the cause they are protesting about. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I wonder how many of the people who vandalised his statue also know about Edward Colstons history or they were just along for the ride to cause some mindless destruction. 

I’m pretty sure the vast majority knew that they were tearing down the statue of a slave trader. I’m sure there are plenty of other statues in Bristol that people could have congregated around.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m pretty sure the vast majority knew that they were tearing down the statue of a slave trader. I’m sure there are plenty of other statues in Bristol that people could have congregated around.

I hear what your saying as the statue was purposely targeted I just wonder how many of the mob just wanted to vandalise something for their own gratification. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I hear what your saying as the statue was purposely targeted I just wonder how many of the mob just wanted to vandalise something for their own gratification. 

Again, I think the majority were there for a reason and knew what they were doing.

If we were talking about smashing shop windows and looting the contents, I’d agree with you.

Archived