The Future Is Promising

Bubbles

35 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The u18s (who make up the majority of the u23s too) have been playing together for years under a consistent coaching staff

The senior team this season can't even field the same 11 every week cos of injuries this season

Different situations 

I'll say it again - Patience everyone...

As a Xmas wish, it's as good as any, world peace etc. I agree with what else u said, and personally I don't think MM has any intentions of sacking PC, my understanding is that they 'understand' each other and have a shared view of the future... folk can joke about the view, but it wont change what they both visualize. Happy Xmas and New Year to all DCFC fans. May 2020 bring us joy.....

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this post , the youth teams have been brilliant to watch this year but why have more not been sent out on loan? I know a few players have gone out on shorter loans but none in the way Luke Thomas did last season.

surprises me because it clearly benefits players, look at Chelsea where four of their team have had significant loans, must be better than youth football 

maybe there’s not the desire to take them and some of them clearly feature in the first team but what’s the point of the likes of Cresswell and Wassall sitting on the bench for 23s, just give them to someone , don’t even charge a loan fee 

15 hours ago, desirelines said:

A nice phrase was used on this week's Totally Football Show, something along the lines of "the best way to teach someone to swim, isn't by throwing them into a raging river".

I see so many people on Twitter saying 'play the kids' or 'Sibley must start' and 'why isn't Sibley playing ffs'. With the first-team playing so poorly, I think it could possibly damage these young stars by chucking them in at this current time. Didn't the fans get on Knight's back for not shooting from 25 yards recently? That can't have helped his confidence.

I generally approve of Cocu's approach with the youngsters so far – he's already outlined that these players have a 2-3 year plan for breaking into the first-team. That seems entirely sensible to me. 

Thought Knight played well when I have seen him, very comfortable at this level and will get better 

I'm hugely positive about the future of the club and team based on the way our u23s and u18s seem to be playing and improving but worth noting the Liverpool result from last night - Their u18s side got humped by Villa

I'm all for giving the young players a chance but they have to be managed into the first team picture carefully - They might look much better than their contemporaries at u18 level but they probably need more experience and time before they're ready for regular first team football - I think caution with our youth talent will benefit us in the long run

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm hugely positive about the future of the club and team based on the way our u23s and u18s seem to be playing and improving but worth noting the Liverpool result from last night - Their u18s side got humped by Villa

I'm all for giving the young players a chance but they have to be managed into the first team picture carefully - They might look much better than their contemporaries at u18 level but they probably need more experience and time before they're ready for regular first team football - I think caution with our youth talent will benefit us in the long run

100% mate.

Couldn't agree more.

We saw how when we fielded near enough a majority youth team against forest how much we got battered.

I think part of it is also down to the fans, for example booing Jason Knight yet calling for youth to come through to the first team.

Booing them is just going to knock their confidence massively.

13 minutes ago, Squid said:

I think part of it is also down to the fans, for example booing Jason Knight yet calling for youth to come through to the first team.

I think Knight has looked phenomenal (for a teenager breaking through) so far - Reminds me of Bryson in his prime - Energetic, gets everywhere, lots of short linking passes, creates space and gives people an easy pass option every time, making runs past the wingers and forwards to give them another outlet - Think he could be a really excellent box to box player

On 17/12/2019 at 06:23, Seaside Ram said:

How about Bradley Walsh from the Chase ? 

Failing that i would opt for Anne "Frosty Knickers ' Hegarty from the Chase . She doesn't pass very often either ! 

I would rather have Fanny Chmelar the former  German Skiing champion on the coaching staff, encouraging the team to slalom round the opposition.

Imagine, Cocu and Fanny Chmelar  the dream team

10 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I would rather have Fanny Chmelar the former  German Skiing champion on the coaching staff, encouraging the team to slalom round the opposition.

Imagine, Cocu and Fanny Chmelar  the dream team

What about Dick Tingler or Helmet Schmacker ? ?

On 17/12/2019 at 07:19, G STAR RAM said:

Nice to see a bit of positivity to be fair.

Hate to put a dampener on things but weren't our younger teams doing well before Cocu arrived anyway?

How do you know implementing his style of football will not take the youngsters backwards the same way it has the first team?

This is not a moan by the way, just a genuine question.

Not really watched much of the youngsters so not sure if Cocu has had any influence on their style of play.

This

not a moan 

but why is cocu qualified where others arnt 

please don’t throw the 3 titles in a league where there’s two teams back at me ( the eredevise is basically a slightly more glam Scotland ) 

my concern is his style and ethos of football is fine if ur at one of the biggest clubs in the league with infinitely greater resources and better players than most of the league (like at PSV) 

but when it’s a more even playing field his sides have literally no idea how to stay in games despite being set up To play pretty defensively.

why will this style of play get the best out of sibley, Whittaker abd the like ?

the young lad knight, he’s come in and acquitted himself admirably but he’s hardly been allowed to come in and express himself in the same way he has been in the academy 

obviously there’s a step up in standards and the team is hardly brimming with confidence but would a more open style of play allow these kids to shine 

my other thing was his handling of the forest game and throwing so many kids out like lambs to the slaughter .... is that going to have done them more harm or good ? 

I want to be wrong about cocu I really do, this whole vision could be a thing of beauty I just really can’t see it 

and trust me I’m looking hard for reasons to believe he can do it 

I’m just seeing nothing other than talk and hope that he is and very little substance 

role on January, it’s a famously hard market to deal in but I expect us to come out of it slightly marginally better bare minimum 

cocu has had time to evaluate and assess and if he is the man we want him to be he should have been having talks with identified targets 

I’m not expecting miricles I just want to see some sort of progress ... although right now I’d settle for a stop in the current regression 

On 18/12/2019 at 10:48, cheron85 said:

I think Knight has looked phenomenal (for a teenager breaking through) so far - Reminds me of Bryson in his prime - Energetic, gets everywhere, lots of short linking passes, creates space and gives people an easy pass option every time, making runs past the wingers and forwards to give them another outlet - Think he could be a really excellent box to box player

A bit of a cross between Hendrick and Bryson - similar level of ability to the former when he came into the team. I remember Hendrick missing a close range header (a couple of yards out)away at Forest. Instead of getting on his back, the crowd roared him on, with him later grabbing the winning goal. Whereas Knight picks the ball up on the edge of the box and the crowd groans if his shot isn't on target, or groan even more if he doesn't shoot.

I’d love Wolfie to actually expand on his laughter emoji 

I like to think having watched this club though 32 years of football I’m in quite a good place to give a relative and balanced outlook on things 

I’m not seeing a lot atm... and im talking im

only looking for small imcremental improvements 

injuries and timescale are on cocus side but I’m really struggling to see positives bar the much talked about talented academy ... which incidentally was put in place well before cocu and will still be there well after him 

but please, give us his take on things I’m all ears 

step up mate let’s hear ur considered thoughts ? 

Archived