The Future Is Promising

Bubbles

Fed up of seeing doom and gloom on this forum so wanted to share a bit of positivity, hopefully it makes a nice little change.

I’m not sure how many of you actively watch our youth games, however I tell you now the future is bright.

We’ve had many come through the academy, thinking they’re going to be the dogs baalocks, when in reality they're nowhere near good enough.

Its different now.

You only have to look at the results of our academies games to realise that they are doing great.

Into the knock outs of the UEFA Youth League while also doing exceptionally well in the leagues.

First of all I’ll start with talking about Louie Sibley, a name which many people know i’m sure!

What an exceptional prospect he is, the boy is doing wonders, he will eventually get first team game time when he is 100% ready however it’s something that we can’t rush, I won’t be suprised if we see him in the first team in the next 1/2 months.

Then we move on to Morgan Whittaker, another very bright prospect who’s already experienced first team football to an extent, and he will improve with the experience of having another quality finisher in Wayne Rooney training with him.

Trialist aka Jahmal Hector-Ingram too, scored a few peno’s but he’s a quality finisher who once he’s worked on his all round game a bit more he will be destined for more and more goals.

Archie Brown is one I don’t see many people talking about as much in comparison to others, but in my eyes he’s just as good. It’s easy to get overlooked as such when you play in such a good team.

Archie has all the attributes of someone who can do wonders for us, hes rapid, tall, a good finisher, a big presence in the air (something which we have lacked for donkeys years) Ryan Conway is a huge fan of his and it’s easy to understand why!

Max Hunt at Aldershot, another player who looks fantastic, I think he was in the team of the month for the national league (correct me if i’m wrong) but he’s a natural centre half who I genuinely think would be a true leader in a few years time. 

The best part about this, is this is just a select few youth players who are exceptional, we also have the likes of Jason Knight (needs no introduction!), Max Bird, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Shonibare, Buchanan, who are all ripping youth teams apart!

We all know that the return on youth players isn’t always great, and over the past few years we’ve only seen a couple go on to bigger things, but there is something about whats happening behind the scenes that is clicking and something that is working.

If you look at the way the youths play, it is exactly how Cocu wants the first team to play, playing out from the back but in a positive way, always looking for that pass forward, that drive forward, where as with the first team its the opposite.

This is one of the things that Mr. Cocu mentioned when he outlined his ambitions and his philosophy, he wants the youth to play how the first team do to help bridge the gap, the issue is, the players in the first team lack confidence, and, dare i say it: Quality.

This also links to why I am a firm believer that Cocu and Co are going to do wonders for us in the long run, and we will reap the rewards of patience.

You could easily see visibly the way Cocu was getting peeved off at our players passing back, not taking them risks/chances.

By watching the u23’s, u18’s you can see that as a collective we are all gearing up for the future, and the futures bright... its Black and White.

I hope that this can atleast cheer one of our fans up! Bunch of miserable feckers!? I’m joking!

We’ve tried spunking cash up the wall looking for that short term fix for too long, and where has that got us?!

Give it time and patience, I hope we see more of the youth in the first team this season, then next season with the right players on the pitch we can show the league what Derby County is all about... ? 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Squid said:

Fed up of seeing doom and gloom on this forum so wanted to share a bit of positivity, hopefully it makes a nice little change.

I’m not sure how many of you actively watch our youth games, however I tell you now the future is bright.

We’ve had many come through the academy, thinking they’re going to be the dogs baalocks, when in reality they're nowhere near good enough.

Its different now.

You only have to look at the results of our academies games to realise that they are doing great.

Into the knock outs of the UEFA Youth League while also doing exceptionally well in the leagues.

First of all I’ll start with talking about Louie Sibley, a name which many people know i’m sure!

What an exceptional prospect he is, the boy is doing wonders, he will eventually get first team game time when he is 100% ready however it’s something that we can’t rush, I won’t be suprised if we see him in the first team in the next 1/2 months.

Then we move on to Morgan Whittaker, another very bright prospect who’s already experienced first team football to an extent, and he will improve with the experience of having another quality finisher in Wayne Rooney training with him.

Trialist aka Jahmal Hector-Ingram too, scored a few peno’s but he’s a quality finisher who once he’s worked on his all round game a bit more he will be destined for more and more goals.

Archie Brown is one I don’t see many people talking about as much in comparison to others, but in my eyes he’s just as good. It’s easy to get overlooked as such when you play in such a good team.

Archie has all the attributes of someone who can do wonders for us, hes rapid, tall, a good finisher, a big presence in the air (something which we have lacked for donkeys years) Ryan Conway is a huge fan of his and it’s easy to understand why!

Max Hunt at Aldershot, another player who looks fantastic, I think he was in the team of the month for the national league (correct me if i’m wrong) but he’s a natural centre half who I genuinely think would be a true leader in a few years time. 

The best part about this, is this is just a select few youth players who are exceptional, we also have the likes of Jason Knight (needs no introduction!), Max Bird, Jayden Mitchell-Lawson, Shonibare, Buchanan, who are all ripping youth teams apart!

We all know that the return on youth players isn’t always great, and over the past few years we’ve only seen a couple go on to bigger things, but there is something about whats happening behind the scenes that is clicking and something that is working.

If you look at the way the youths play, it is exactly how Cocu wants the first team to play, playing out from the back but in a positive way, always looking for that pass forward, that drive forward, where as with the first team its the opposite.

This is one of the things that Mr. Cocu mentioned when he outlined his ambitions and his philosophy, he wants the youth to play how the first team do to help bridge the gap, the issue is, the players in the first team lack confidence, and, dare i say it: Quality.

This also links to why I am a firm believer that Cocu and Co are going to do wonders for us in the long run, and we will reap the rewards of patience.

You could easily see visibly the way Cocu was getting peeved off at our players passing back, not taking them risks/chances.

By watching the u23’s, u18’s you can see that as a collective we are all gearing up for the future, and the futures bright... its Black and White.

I hope that this can atleast cheer one of our fans up! Bunch of miserable feckers!? I’m joking!

We’ve tried spunking cash up the wall looking for that short term fix for too long, and where has that got us?!

Give it time and patience, I hope we see more of the youth in the first team this season, then next season with the right players on the pitch we can show the league what Derby County is all about... ? 

I think you are bang on regarding Cocu's philosophy. I have no doubt he'll get us to the prem playing good football if we give him the time.

My only concern is that, right now, we don't have the players available to play it out from the back with pace and purpose, we just don't. I'm not knocking Fozzy or Curtis, both decent honest defenders who will put their bodies on the line for you but will never be Todd, McFarland, Wright or Stimac with the ball at their feet. To be fair, they don't have much to aim at either......not great movement or willingness to take responsibility.

The teams we are facing are poor, just hard working and organised, playing to their strengths, they only look dangerous when we give the ball away cheaply.

Short term, to get a few points on the board and maybe allow younger players to come in without so much pressure from the fans, we should go a bit old school. I'm not advocating Pulisness, or Warnockicity here, just a bit more emphasis on clearing the lines, if we give the ball away lets do it in the final quarter of the pitch rather than the one nearest our goal. 

Maybe Rooney's influence and ability will prove the catalyst, he spoke in his interview last week about urgency and leadership, if he's doing that in an interview then I'm pretty sure he's having his say on the training pitch.

We're gonna be raite....patience is the key here. Its been a total shiteshow this season with drive gate and injuries but we have football legends involved with trying to get DCFC back on track.

COYR ?

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Play Kimberley Walsh instead of Dowell

Or just plant this

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Play Kimberley Walsh instead of Dowell

How about Bradley Walsh from the Chase ? 

Failing that i would opt for Anne "Frosty Knickers ' Hegarty from the Chase . She doesn't pass very often either ! 

7 hours ago, Squid said:

Its different now.

Brilliant post 100% agree with everything

Nice to see a bit of positivity to be fair.

Hate to put a dampener on things but weren't our younger teams doing well before Cocu arrived anyway?

How do you know implementing his style of football will not take the youngsters backwards the same way it has the first team?

This is not a moan by the way, just a genuine question.

Not really watched much of the youngsters so not sure if Cocu has had any influence on their style of play.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hate to put a dampener on things but weren't our younger teams doing well before Cocu arrived anyway?

How do you know implementing his style of football will not take the youngsters backwards the same way it has the first team?

Not really watched much of the youngsters so not sure if Cocu has had any influence on their style of play.

Mood hoover ?

45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Players such as Sibley, Bird, Whittaker have been regularly training with the first team. Doesn't seem to have taken them backwards so far. Do their recent performances reflect a genuine belief the manager will give them chances and trust them?

In truth we don't know at all what influence Cocu is having on the youngsters, but nothing suggests a negative so why not believe the positive.

9 hours ago, Squid said:

A nice phrase was used on this week's Totally Football Show, something along the lines of "the best way to teach someone to swim, isn't by throwing them into a raging river".

I see so many people on Twitter saying 'play the kids' or 'Sibley must start' and 'why isn't Sibley playing ffs'. With the first-team playing so poorly, I think it could possibly damage these young stars by chucking them in at this current time. Didn't the fans get on Knight's back for not shooting from 25 yards recently? That can't have helped his confidence.

I generally approve of Cocu's approach with the youngsters so far – he's already outlined that these players have a 2-3 year plan for breaking into the first-team. That seems entirely sensible to me. 

9 hours ago, Squid said:

? 

Won't quote whole post but it did actually cheer me up. I want to believe in Cocu and I feel sympathy for the team and prep he stepped into. Just 80 mins to have a shot a GK that can't catch really grinds you down. 

But a Squid saves the day

1 minute ago, desirelines said:

A nice phrase was used on this week's Totally Football Show, something along the lines of "the best way to teach someone to swim, isn't by throwing them into a raging river".

I see so many people on Twitter saying 'play the kids' or 'Sibley must start' and 'why isn't Sibley playing ffs'. With the first-team playing so poorly, I think it could possibly damage these young stars by chucking them in at this current time. Didn't the fans get on Knight's back for not shooting from 25 yards recently? That can't have helped his confidence.

I generally approve of Cocu's approach with the youngsters so far – he's already outlined that these players have a 2-3 year plan for breaking into the first-team. That seems entirely sensible to me. 

I agree. I don't think the reason Sibely hasn't got on the pitch much is because Cocu is oblivious to his ability. When it comes to developing  players not many of us have a clue what we are talking about. 

I don't think football is as clever as some make out and you have to be a tactical genius to spot a bad tactic. But that's not the same as orchestrating the tactics and developing the players.

You don't have to be an author to call a book poo. But that doesn't mean you know the first thing about being an author

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes mate. They was doing well,

However you can see the style of football is the one that Cocu wants the first team to play, only the youth teams can do it better!

He's also been working with the u23's/u18's a lot more than any previous manager has.

Not to mention he's been integrating these lads a lot more with the first team ?

45 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Players such as Sibley, Bird, Whittaker have been regularly training with the first team. Doesn't seem to have taken them backwards so far. Do their recent performances reflect a genuine belief the manager will give them chances and trust them?

In truth we don't know at all what influence Cocu is having on the youngsters, but nothing suggests a negative so why not believe the positive.

Didnt say I dont believe the positive. Was just asking what influence, if any, Cocu is having on the younger teams ie have they changed the way they play?

Archived