Late arrival Bielik

DCFC27

10 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Noticed a £140k Mercedes G wagon screech round the corner into the car park this evening 5 minutes before kick off, out gets Bielik who just strolls into the ground looking very big time Charlie didn’t acknowledge any of the staff opening the door for him etc. 
To a player that has yet to prove himself in this league, what’s he doing arriving 5 minutes before the game? Injured or not he should have been in amongst the lads in the team talks etc. 

To be fair I'll give you 17 reasons why he may of arrived 5 mins before the game.

1. Car wouldn't start

2. Needed to go get fuel

3. Had to let the dog out

4. Had to find the cat

5. Had to feed the dogs and cats

6. Argument with the missus

7. TRAFFIC

8. More traffic

9. Brexit

10. His car was being serviced

11. Was finishing his tea

12. Burnt his oven cooked meal so had to nip to the chippy

13. Dog did business on the floor and he had to clean it up

14. He fell down the stairs

15. Was at the gym

16. Boiler broke

17. Had a nap and was late

Why does it matter to you?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

A) just adds to the big time Charlie aspect, some might say he’s don’t nothing in the game yet and he’s walking around like he’s too good for Derby. 
B) I was standing outside the main entrance, you don’t really notice many players come in but you couldn’t miss his car flying into the car park
c) I just think it shows a lack of commitment to the team, he’s supposed to be one of core members of our squad this season and he can’t be bothered to be there with the team before hand. I’ve played a decent non league standard and the players that care about the team show up early no matter what. I mean last year I used to see Fozzy/Davies at the ground early doors in and around the lads and that’s professionalism. 

You don't have a scooby what's going on behind closed doors, so whats it to you? Did this really warrant you coming on and making a thread slating our player?

4 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

A) just adds to the big time Charlie aspect, some might say he’s don’t nothing in the game yet and he’s walking around like he’s too good for Derby. 
B) I was standing outside the main entrance, you don’t really notice many players come in but you couldn’t miss his car flying into the car park
c) I just think it shows a lack of commitment to the team, he’s supposed to be one of core members of our squad this season and he can’t be bothered to be there with the team before hand. I’ve played a decent non league standard and the players that care about the team show up early no matter what. I mean last year I used to see Fozzy/Davies at the ground early doors in and around the lads and that’s professionalism. 

a) does it? He’s paid a wage and can do with that what he sees fit. If he wants to drive a nice car then good for him

b) okay you were standing by the main entrance (not sure why 5 mins before kick off?). How do you know he didn’t quietly say thank you to those opening doors etc? How closely were you stood? Does he smell nice?

c) I struggle to care how early or late he turns up. He was there at the game watching whilst injured, good enough for me. What your non league pals used to do isn’t really relevant

Blimey - some really will try to find literally anything to moan about.  Mind you, I expect the DET will be running a ‘See which player arrived late to the match’ headline, followed by a (non) story about an injured player arriving not actually late to the match, in a car.  Hold the front ducking page!

1 hour ago, nottingram said:

a) does it? He’s paid a wage and can do with that what he sees fit. If he wants to drive a nice car then good for him

b) okay you were standing by the main entrance (not sure why 5 mins before kick off?). How do you know he didn’t quietly say thank you to those opening doors etc? How closely were you stood? Does he smell nice?

c) I struggle to care how early or late he turns up. He was there at the game watching whilst injured, good enough for me. What your non league pals used to do isn’t really relevant

Haha mate you’re not really getting it are you... 

A) it does. 

B) waiting for a mate, all you need to know is I was close enough. 

C) my point is fella he doesn’t exactly seem engaged with the lads if he’s turning up that late. This could be a big source of our problems this season because I’ve seen no sign of a team spirit . 

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

Haha mate you’re not really getting it are you... 

A) it does. 

B) waiting for a mate, all you need to know is I was close enough. 

C) my point is fella he doesn’t exactly seem engaged with the lads if he’s turning up that late. This could be a big source of our problems this season because I’ve seen no sign of a team spirit . 

2 hours ago, Squid said:

You don't have a scooby what's going on behind closed doors, so whats it to you? Did this really warrant you coming on and making a thread slating our player?

I‘m fairly confident I have a slightly better insight than you. 

I’m not exactly slating him, I just don’t feel he’s committed to us and the team, not long after he signed he said he wants promotion but if he doesn’t get it within two years he’ll look for another club (I mean hang on a second, all you’ve done is win promotion from league one... why does he believe he has a given right to play in the prem? 
Quite often I’ve seen his agent sitting with scouts etc, he might be a nice lad but I feel he’s being given the wrong advice and his heads not fully concentrated on Derby. If he can put all that to one side he might start to become a real player  

1 minute ago, DCFC27 said:

not long after he signed he said he wants promotion but if he doesn’t get it within two years he’ll look for another club (I mean hang on a second, all you’ve done is win promotion from league one... why does he believe he has a given right to play in the prem? 

So you don't like the fact he's ambitious? That's what I'd want every single one of our players to say. 

12 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Noticed a £140k Mercedes G wagon screech round the corner into the car park this evening 5 minutes before kick off, out gets Bielik who just strolls into the ground looking very big time Charlie didn’t acknowledge any of the staff opening the door for him etc. 
To a player that has yet to prove himself in this league, what’s he doing arriving 5 minutes before the game? Injured or not he should have been in amongst the lads in the team talks etc. 

Might have been heading back from rehabilitation etc etc etc.

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

5mins?  Amateur!  

3mins for me... and I still go for a wee and grab a cuppa before taking to the stands.

He seems a bit too keen for my liking.  Clingy, even!  Dump him!

Ok clever clogs, you think you are all that racing an injured guy. ?

13 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

how dare he turn up 5 minutes before he wasn't even playing, sell him in jan I reckon..

3 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Don’t believe you should measure yourself by your worst night 

Yet you seemed to have made a judgement of him based on, what, a 5 minute observation?

Knowing there was to be a minutes' applause for TBE before kick-off, it looks as though you weren't overly bothered about joining in.

27 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Might have been heading back from rehabilitation etc etc etc.

Ok clever clogs, you think you are all that racing an injured guy. ?

Ha, Ha!  Good point.  It may have taken him 20 mins to hobble to his seat! 
I'm usually just walking up the stairs (half way up upper tier... aisle seat) as the KO whistle goes.  I'm getting quite the expert now, in all honesty!  :-)

* Obviously went in a tad early last night, for Old Jim, RIP.
xxx

3 hours ago, Squid said:

To be fair I'll give you 17 reasons why he may of arrived 5 mins before the game.

1. Car wouldn't start

2. Needed to go get fuel

3. Had to let the dog out

4. Had to find the cat

5. Had to feed the dogs and cats

6. Argument with the missus

7. TRAFFIC

8. More traffic

9. Brexit

10. His car was being serviced

11. Was finishing his tea

12. Burnt his oven cooked meal so had to nip to the chippy

13. Dog did business on the floor and he had to clean it up

14. He fell down the stairs

15. Was at the gym

16. Boiler broke

17. Had a nap and was late

Why does it matter to you?

Will you ring in sick for me when I need a day off please.

Archived