Football Association Cup round of 64

Mick Brolly

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plymouth away. Kelle Roos is inspired as the Rams cling on for a fortunate 0-0 draw. With 10 minutes left of the replay Roos misjudges the flight of an inswinging corner and Plymouth take a 1-0 lead. Cocu immediately takes off Martin and throws a one legged Keogh on up front in a vain attempt to save the game. Fast forward 35 years and a group of Rams fans sit in their survival pod on Mars eating their laboratory grown Sunday lunch and dicuss how Roos cost Derby the cup in 2019.

18 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Monday 19:00 who would you like to get and why (even though it's going to be Chelsea) Spurs away for me looks a great stadium.

Don't go to many away matches these days tbh but I've not been to either Arsenal or Spurs new stadiums so I'd take one of those away!

Lower league at home (cos I want to go ) and play lots of under 19’s/U23’s  .. the kids  are quick and hungry. I’d love them to get a night in front of a big home crowd, worth a fortune in moral. 

Blood them, give them experience .. it’s been done before 

Wouldn’t do it if we draw a big name, close rival or Forest, but anyway, home tie .. I love cup nights 

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/fa-cup-3rd-round-draw-3597597

And to the last two balls of the 3rd round of the FA Cup...........

15. Derby County, that's Wayne Rooney's Derby County.......25. Manchester United.......Derby County v Manchester United.

That completes the draw. Ties to be played on Saturday January 4th 2020.

and then on a later date we get to do it all again for the 4th round draw of the FA Cup...........

15. Derby County, that's Wayne Rooney's Derby County.......16.Everton..........Derby County v Everton.

That completes the draw. Ties to be played on Saturday January 25th 2020.

..............then we all start to think it could be our year................5th round of the FA Cup.....

49. AFC Flyde........15.Derby County...........and we unfortunately crash out, once again.

3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/fa-cup-3rd-round-draw-3597597

And to the last two balls of the 3rd round of the FA Cup...........

15. Derby County, that's Wayne Rooney's Derby County.......25. Manchester United.......Derby County v Manchester United.

That completes the draw. Ties to be played on Saturday January 4th 2020.

and then on a later date we get to do it all again for the 4th round draw of the FA Cup...........

15. Derby County, that's Wayne Rooney's Derby County.......16.Everton..........Derby County v Everton.

That completes the draw. Ties to be played on Saturday January 25th 2020.

..............then we all start to think it could be our year................5th round of the FA Cup.....

49. AFC Flyde........15.Derby County...........and we unfortunately crash out, once again.

*Pedant alert*

If Derby were the last tie drawn in round three then we'd be number 32 in the 4th round draw.

9 hours ago, Rampant said:

*Pedant alert*

If Derby were the last tie drawn in round three then we'd be number 32 in the 4th round draw.

Bristol Rovers away for me

Forest Green is my closest ground but as the Chairman has made the whole ground vegan - I refuse to go out of principle.

52 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

Bristol Rovers away for me

Forest Green is my closest ground but as the Chairman has made the whole ground vegan - I refuse to go out of principle.

Just re-read this and it does not sound great - just to clarify 

I am not anti vegan, I am very much live and let live

which is why I am anti removing choice

which to be fair I do still have a choice and my choice is to not go.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It's going to be Chelsea. I can just feel it.

We've played one of Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool (2 of them last year) every season in one of the cups for the past 6 seasons.

Seeing as we're out of the EFL cup without playing either; odds are good ? 

Just now, SaintRam said:

We've played one of Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool (2 of them last year) every season in one of the cups for the past 6 seasons.

Seeing as we're out of the EFL cup without playing either; odds are good ? 

That's astonishing! Surely no other team gets drawn against top 6 opposition so often in the cup as we do?

Just now, Andicis said:

That's astonishing! Surely no other team gets drawn against top 6 opposition so often in the cup as we do?

I've no interest in actually finding that out, but you'd imagine not; for a non-PL side (assuming that on average, PL sides go further in competitions).

One of our years (2014-15) should have an asterix against it, however, as we only played Chelsea after reaching the 5th round of the EFL cup. Which is less unusual ? But the stat still holds up. 

Archived