Parking Charge Notice

MidWalesRam

9 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

What an earth are you doing in Hounslow ?

I think you might find they are enforceable through the courts. We had this discussion recently.

I used to live in Wokingham and work in Brentford. Nipped over to the cultural mecca that is Hounslow for some lunchtime shopping.. 

Back in the midlands now thankfully ? 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

If it's from the council, pay it as they will chase and take you to court.

If its from a private firm, ParkingEye, Europarks etc then just ignore it. Other than the threat letters, it costs them more to take you to court than is worth to them. 

I must have had 8 in my lifetime I haven't paid. Just chuck the letters in the bin.

Would be careful advising people that...I know someone that received a court summons the other day!

Finally! A topic on which I can add value! As @Mucker1884 has said I've had recent experience and in all seriousness it really frigging annoyed me!

Echoing what @Red_Dawn said, if it was a tenner it'd be annoying but palatable. But when they issue charges of £60-£100 then they should expect people to fight them.

For info - I appealed and got an automatic rejection. So I googled the owners and the management agents and I was ready to bombard every employee with my excuse of having shat myself until one of them made me go away by cancelling the charge. Thankfully the first person I emailed realised what I was doing and nipped it in the bud. £100 charge cancelled.

I'd suggest if you're female go with breastfeeding, if you're male, go with excrement. 

5 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Finally! A topic on which I can add value! As @Mucker1884 has said I've had recent experience and in all seriousness it really frigging annoyed me!

Echoing what @Red_Dawn said, if it was a tenner it'd be annoying but palatable. But when they issue charges of £60-£100 then they should expect people to fight them.

For info - I appealed and got an automatic rejection. So I googled the owners and the management agents and I was ready to bombard every employee with my excuse of having shat myself until one of them made me go away by cancelling the charge. Thankfully the first person I emailed realised what I was doing and nipped it in the bud. £100 charge cancelled.

I'd suggest if you're female go with breastfeeding, if you're male, go with excrement. 

Any idea if this works for speeding fines and late payment of my tax bill?

You ought to try Nottingham City Centre. I thought they followed me around just to get me. They obviously were paying the for the Trams. 

I had a call from some contractors that had a road closure on in Nottingham City Centre, I went to look at the problem they had. There was all sorts of plant around on the road so I parked my car out of danger still within the road closure. I had only been out my car 5 mins and a warden had slapped a ticket on. I hit the roof and stormed around to the parking office and got ushered out. I appealed and got nowhere. In the end I paid it and just sent them an email regarding peoples health and safety blah blah blah.

I don’t give them the satisfaction now but they will ticket anyone or anything. 

I appealed one and won once on a residential street in Nottingham but I think that was a one off.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

In fairness it could just be an error on their part. Similar has happened to me and when i have provided proof they apologised.

Not sure there is anything fair about theses car park 'management' operations. Opportunistic vermin from my experience. 

I've had several, the last being in Leicester in October 2014. They sent me letters and warnings up until Feb. 2015 then it stopped and I've not heard anything since. It was for parking in a hotel I had paid £100 to stay the night in! No way was I being charged another £50 for parking there.

20 hours ago, jono said:

big companies like premier inn and Aldi and others need to look at themselves hard .. why are they entering in to contracts with people like this !

You’ll note that I have strong opinions on this matter ?

TBF to Aldi, they normally have small car parks and a high turnover of customers, so can't have spaces taken up for long.  An example would be my local one at Long Eaton.  1 1/2 hour stay compared to the Tesco (with 3 times the spaces) over the road that gives you 3 hours.  Similarly I'd be pissed off if I'd driven 4 hours to stop at a Premier Inn and there were no spaces. 

Still, I'm not advocating the parking company's practices.  They're a bunch of see you next Tuesdays!!!

21 hours ago, jono said:

All of these car park “management companies” are snakes, rats, vermin and excrement. They pay the land owner to “run” the car park and take the revenue for themselves. Fair enough but it is predicated on how many “fines” they can issue to improve returns

and the worst of it with APNR technology and they can attempt to screw anyone. Hate them with a passion. It’s a business that attracts the worst kind of business shark...  a home for ex wheel clampers thugs. 

big companies like premier inn and Aldi and others need to look at themselves hard .. why are they entering in to contracts with people like this !

You’ll note that I have strong opinions on this matter ?

I spoke to the manager at the Harvester on Pride Park the other week about this. He said that they have had to install this camera based/enter your reg number system because it got to the stage where they were losing business because they would come in in the morning and most of the car park was already taken up by people parking for the station, Derby College or town. Same with Chiquitos.

I thought it a perfectly reasonable response.

I have a matter on going myself POPLA has rejected my car fine appeal. I was dealing with a emergence at the time. I saved a old man life. He has made a stunning recovery and had i not acted at the time he would have died in his car. Have i done the right thing now going to my MP over this matter. The person who fell ill had his ticket cancel and my has not been cancel its not right. Citizen Bureau cant help me but asked me to go my MP. No respect showed by the POPLA AND Euro car parks. I did not know this man before. His family have kept in touch with me and have wrote a witness statement to support me, and etc but this appeal was rejected. In the circumstances I find it is absurd that such a public spirited act is being penalised in this manner. I told them i am not paying this fine and i will end up taking them to court, if i had to pay out. I am worried that Bailiff may turn at my house if the fine is not paid. I am upset and shaken up facing this matter.The old man in this matter is not happy that i am getting chased up for this payment. What shall i do not pay this or pay it and go true court for refund? their are making my life a living hell.

12 minutes ago, Ibby said:

I have a matter on going myself POPLA has rejected my car fine appeal. I was dealing with a emergence at the time. I saved a old man life. He has made a stunning recovery and had i not acted at the time he would have died in his car. Have i done the right thing now going to my MP over this matter. The person who fell ill had his ticket cancel and my has not been cancel its not right. Citizen Bureau cant help me but asked me to go my MP. No respect showed by the POPLA AND Euro car parks. I did not know this man before. His family have kept in touch with me and have wrote a witness statement to support me, and etc but this appeal was rejected. In the circumstances I find it is absurd that such a public spirited act is being penalised in this manner. I told them i am not paying this fine and i will end up taking them to court, if i had to pay out. I am worried that Bailiff may turn at my house if the fine is not paid. I am upset and shaken up facing this matter.The old man in this matter is not happy that i am getting chased up for this payment. What shall i do not pay this or pay it and go true court for refund? their are making my life a living hell.

Go to the press , watchdog , rogue traders give them as much bad publicity as you can. A story like yours will soon gain traction on tv and radio 

17 minutes ago, Ibby said:

That just confounds what we all thought, that they are heartless, money making scammers. Take @Reggie Greenwood advice and keep banging your drum. Common sense will prevail in the end. I know how you must feel. I had a similar experience with Autoglass. Basically I had my car broken into by smashing all the passenger side windows. Autoglass made such a bodge of the job that I was left with a bill for just short of a grand to correct it. They were adamant that they were not to blame. They eventually admitted liability after much tooing and froing. Suppose what I'm trying to say is keep telling yourself that you're 100% in the right and don't back down  even though you feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall. Good luck buddy, let us know how you get on. You can't let bar stewards like them win especially in the circumstances. 

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

That just confounds what we all thought, that they are heartless, money making scammers. Take @Reggie Greenwood advice and keep banging your drum. Common sense will prevail in the end. I know how you must feel. I had a similar experience with Autoglass. Basically I had my car broken into by smashing all the passenger side windows. Autoglass made such a bodge of the job that I was left with a bill for just short of a grand to correct it. They were adamant that they were not to blame. They eventually admitted liability after much tooing and froing. Suppose what I'm trying to say is keep telling yourself that you're 100% in the right and don't back down  even though you feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall. Good luck buddy, let us know how you get on. You can't let bar stewards like them win especially in the circumstances. 

I am crying my eyes out why, things will get worst now from here, if i dont pay. What can i do. By going to the press this could damaged me in not getting my ticket void. Their dont care one bit what has happened and why i over stay by 1 hour while dealing with the old man, who was about to closed his eyes on me for good, but i keep that faith kept going to the end. Citizen told me to pay and we can claim it back from court, but its more hassleng to do then.

49 minutes ago, Ibby said:

I am crying my eyes out why, things will get worst now from here, if i dont pay. What can i do. By going to the press this could damaged me in not getting my ticket void. Their dont care one bit what has happened and why i over stay by 1 hour while dealing with the old man, who was about to closed his eyes on me for good, but i keep that faith kept going to the end. Citizen told me to pay and we can claim it back from court, but its more hassleng to do then.

I've never been in the exact same position as yourself so it is hard to give you direct advice. I'd say the advice @Reggie Greenwood gave would be a good course of action though as it is bad publicity for them and could force their hand. I doubt it will do any damage to your case because it is just reinforcing that you are in the right. The way I see it is that they're trying to bully you into paying and the best way to beat bullies is to stand up to them. 

1 hour ago, Ibby said:

What an absolute joke POPLA are.

Do they honestly expect people to believe they are independent?

I gave them evidence that showed I had tried to pay for my parking and they just rejected straight out, no discussion about what had happened.

June 2018 was my alleged 'offence' still receiving threatening letters but still not paid.

1 hour ago, Ibby said:

You were so brave saving someone's life. Be brave again - go onto Twitter and tweet BBC Radio Derby, Derby Telegraph, your MP, councillor, BBC Watchdog, etc. Do the same on Facebook. 

Archived