Parking Charge Notice

MidWalesRam

I have a case currently outstanding, dating back to Aug 30th. 
As it is a company car through a lease contract, it took a while for Parking Eye to locate us and send us the letter (Parking charge).  From memory, the letter was dated early October(?)
They showed an afternoon arrival and departure time, which were accurate, but then I later returned to park up for the whole night.  This relates to a hotel stay, for which I logged the car reg at the time of initial reception, as instructed.

My "appeal" went straight to the hotel (Duty Manager) to which the response was an apology, a confirmation that I had legitimately parked, and an assurance that they (The Hotel) would contact Parking Eye directly, and get it cancelled.  They advised that I ignore any subsequent auto follow-up letter from Parking Eye (Have since received one further letter), and to await final confirmation (from Parking Eye) that the charge/fine is cancelled.  This should take "about 5 weeks".  That period is up round about now (Don't have the letters/dates to hand).
I still remain confident that the cancellation letter will show up some time soon!

I'll report back, as and when.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ibby said:

No who is Horizon ? when Euro Car Park rejected my appeal i went to POPLA they sent me to them.

https://horizonparking.co.uk/appeal-a-parking-charge-notice/ is it these lot, who i should turn to. I have just fill the form on line on their site sent it, who are these lot, will they help me. What links they got with PCN number. I am having a nightmare over this and i am fuming and, lost for words.

About this company – Horizon Parking normally issue private parking tickets or private parking charge notices to drivers who have breached their terms and conditions or overstayed their time in a retail car park, supermarket or on any other private land or car park. They will either put a parking ticket on your vehicle or post a notice to keeper to the vehicle owner. You then have 28 day to appeal your private parking charge notice or parking ticket. 

Or Euro Car Parks? Am lost on this so will not offer advice, sorry.

https://appeals.eurocarparks.com/Appeals/Default.aspx

17 hours ago, Ibby said:

No who is Horizon ? when Euro Car Park rejected my appeal i went to POPLA they sent me to them.

https://horizonparking.co.uk/appeal-a-parking-charge-notice/ is it these lot, who i should turn to. I have just fill the form on line on their site sent it, who are these lot, will they help me. What links they got with PCN number. I am having a nightmare over this and i am fuming and, lost for words.

Sorry I'm getting you lot mixed up here. When I said appeal to Horizon I thought you were the original poster. If your ticket was from Euro Car Parks then you need to appeal to them directly first through their website and ask for a POPLA code from them. Your appeal will fail but that's why you then take it to POPLA who, assuming you produce the right defence, will get your charge overturned. 

Apologies again. If your ticket wasn't from Horizon then just ignore the Horizon part and replace it with whichever private company gave you the ticket. ?

On 13/11/2019 at 16:11, Pottig said:

Sorry I'm getting you lot mixed up here. When I said appeal to Horizon I thought you were the original poster. If your ticket was from Euro Car Parks then you need to appeal to them directly first through their website and ask for a POPLA code from them. Your appeal will fail but that's why you then take it to POPLA who, assuming you produce the right defence, will get your charge overturned. 

Apologies again. If your ticket wasn't from Horizon then just ignore the Horizon part and replace it with whichever private company gave you the ticket. ?

Taken advice from the Citizen to ignore the ticket. Wait and see what will happen if it goes to court.

I parked in a car park where the machine wasn't taking the coins. Tried to do it online and website was down. Left the carpark after 15mins of this messing about and parked elsewhere.

Got a parking fine (camera over exit) and they refused to rescind it. Luckily Ihad taken screenshot of the website being down. Appealed to independent place - they have to give you the details of when they refuse your initial appeal - and I sent the picture and promptly got a grudging withdrawal. 

On 15/11/2019 at 19:53, Chester40 said:

I parked in a car park where the machine wasn't taking the coins. Tried to do it online and website was down. Left the carpark after 15mins of this messing about and parked elsewhere.

Got a parking fine (camera over exit) and they refused to rescind it. Luckily Ihad taken screenshot of the website being down. Appealed to independent place - they have to give you the details of when they refuse your initial appeal - and I sent the picture and promptly got a grudging withdrawal. 

best gif thumbs up GIF

On 15/11/2019 at 19:53, Chester40 said:

I had the same situation. POPLA rejected my appeal.

That was some 18 months ago, I still haven't paid and I am still being harassed by debt collection companies.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I got a parking ticket from the hospital after my partner gave birth. Had we followed their process and found a space about 2.7 miles away from the hospital, downloaded the app, paid via debit card and walked it to the maternity ward my first born would have appeared on the pavement outside.

Couldn't you just tell her to hold it in a bit? 

• 3 weeks later...

Dept recovery plus have sent me letter demanding a payment of £130. I am going to ignore this to. Can u see these lot getting Euro Car Park taking me to Court, if their do will the court ask for my evidence ? I rang them up the dept recovery Plus the lady on the phone was so so rude she slammed the phone down on me. I rang them to see if their was away of getting out of this, but their are more bad to speak to ☹️

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 14:49, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I did and she threatened to stab me in the neck with a pen as she was mid contraction at the time.

Many years ago a mate of mine needed surgery when his two year old daughter rammed a fountain pen up his nose while he was sleeping . Always someone worse off.

I used to park In McDonalds in a land rover. There's a couple of places where you could pop over a high curb and leave the carpark without driving past the camera's. They think I'm still there!

Just park as a trespasser and circumnavigate all of the problems of implied contract. Be more gypsy.

If ANPR camera's are involved in your chosen car park ALWAYS keep your parking tickets for a month or two.

I got a penalty charge based on an 11 minute overstay based on the times entering and leaving the car park from the ANPR camera. My ticket, which i discarded (who keeps them after the event) is actually your contract of business, had a start time 6 mins after the camera - due to finding a space, walking to machine, waiting in a queue etc. 

Tried to argue with them that their evidence wasn't based upon the contract of business according to the ticket. Asked for a copy of my stub etc. They just stalled and didnt reply other than to send me default notices. 

I didnt realise the existence of POPLA and significantly the 30 day time to lodge an appeal. 

Ended up paying after reading about  the case law and the recent favourable judgement in favour of a parking company. I'm no expert but I did notice that the particular case involved  someone who made no attempt to pay whatsoever.

In the case of anyone receiving overstay charges, especially by a few minutes I cant see how that can be used as a legal precedent. Just a thought.

Lots of mistakes/ignorances on my part there, that may help someone going forward.

Archived