Parking Charge Notice

MidWalesRam

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You were so brave saving someone's life. Be brave again - go onto Twitter and tweet BBC Radio Derby, Derby Telegraph, your MP, councillor, BBC Watchdog, etc. Do the same on Facebook. 

The thing is the leaches on society dont care how much bad publicity they get.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont have twitter and Facebook. What shall i do here, not pay this but price will go up, and what if their get permission from court, to break my door down. I dont want to pay then find it hard to get my money back. What action do i need take thank you.

4 minutes ago, Ibby said:

I dont have twitter and Facebook. What shall i do here, not pay this but price will go up, and what if their get permission from court, to break my door down. I dont want to pay then find it hard to get my money back. What action do i need take thank you.

What company is it?

Just now, Ibby said:

Euro Car Park !!!!

Hmmm I've not been unlucky enough to cross paths with them yet! 

Parking Eye have been sending me threatening letters for 18 months, I replied for about 6 months but since then have just ignored.

Did the same with Excel Parking and ended up with a court summons.

Anybody had dealings with Euro Car Parks?

On 11/11/2019 at 13:39, MidWalesRam said:

Since we lost the Toys R Us car park I have been using the Premier Inn on the Wyvern business park , all they asked for was a £5 donation to their charity box.

Pulled up as usual for the 'Boro game on 2/11 to see that the car park is now run by Horizon Parking and you need to pay £5 by using your mobile phone , which i suppose is fair enough. It was a bit of a faff but eventually managed to sort it and pay .

Today I have received a Parking Charge Notice saying I have breached the terms and conditions and instructed to pay £85.

I have appealed this as I have proof on my phone that I paid to park. 

Sorry for the moan but wanted to get it off my chest and wondered if anyone else on here had any problems parking there and also to forewarn anyone that might be thinking of doing so.

Needless to say I will be looking for somewhere else to park next home game !

Go on moneysaving expert.com and look for the thread on how to combat parking charges. I got one a couple of years ago from Euro Car Parks and successfully appealed it. The first thing you want to do is appeal to Horizon themselves and ask for a POPLA code. POPLA is a third party adjudicator who will ask Horizon for their side, but if you make all the necessary points in your defence then they will back down. Ducking cowboys. 

EDIT: Attached the email I got from POPLA saying EuroCarParks had backed down. I kept the email as a trophy ??

Screenshot_20191112_210713_com.google.android.gm.jpg

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Hmmm I've not been unlucky enough to cross paths with them yet! 

Parking Eye have been sending me threatening letters for 18 months, I replied for about 6 months but since then have just ignored.

Did the same with Excel Parking and ended up with a court summons.

Anybody had dealings with Euro Car Parks?

@Pottig

2 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Go on moneysaving expert.com and look for the thread on how to combat parking charges. I got one a couple of years ago from Euro Car Parks and successfully appealed it. The first thing you want to do is appeal to Horizon themselves and ask for a POPLA code. POPLA is a third party adjudicator who will ask Horizon for their side, but if you make all the necessary points in your defence then they will back down. Ducking cowboys. 

Can u post link, what i need to do. My mind has gone here, dealing with them since June.

1 minute ago, Pottig said:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets/#section-route1

What are my options if my appeal's rejected?

If you lose your appeal, you need to decide whether to pay, take the company on or ignore the decision and do nothing. Both the BPA and IPC state you should pay the full parking charge within 14 days.

If you disagree with the decision, the operator would still need to go to court to enforce the ticket – and there's no guarantee this will happen.

If they do take you to court, for an amount of this size it's normally (though no guarantees) a small claims action, which means the worst that can usually happen is you're ordered to pay the charge and the company could also reclaim the court fees (which initially can be between £25 and £410 plus more if there's a hearing) but other costs aren't awarded.

It's worth noting that the court may take your previous appeal rejection into account, so a win may be harder.

Social media needs involving, or some other form of media to spread details of the on going problem wider.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'd avoid ignoring them. I think years ago you could get away with it but now the private car park companies have power to take you to court over it. As per my previous post, I'd read up on the necessary defence points over at moneysavingexpert.com and produce an official appeal (which, if done correctly, will always win). 

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Use @RoyMac5's link above for more info, but that link I have posted there is to the forum section of the website. It's a helpful sticky post that should detail everything you need to lodge your appeal.

I think basically it should boil down to "you sent me a photo of my car's licence plate but you can't prove that I was driving the car at that moment." Make sure to not incriminate yourself by saying you were driving. 

8 minutes ago, Pottig said:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Use @RoyMac5's link above for more info, but that link I have posted there is to the forum section of the website. It's a helpful sticky post that should detail everything you need to lodge your appeal.

I think basically it should boil down to "you sent me a photo of my car's licence plate but you can't prove that I was driving the car at that moment." Make sure to not incriminate yourself by saying you were driving. 

Both appeals were rejected cant appeal again, but only complain. I have only said i help the other driver, not once stated who was in the car, but they got my car on the CCTV mate. They said they have no proof who was driving.

26 minutes ago, Pottig said:

EDIT: Attached the email I got from POPLA saying EuroCarParks had backed down. I kept the email as a trophy ??

They probably backed off when they knew they were dealing with a Hardman. No ordinary hardman either. Miles Hardman.

31 minutes ago, Ibby said:

Both appeals were rejected cant appeal again, but only complain. I have only said i help the other driver, not once stated who was in the car, but they got my car on the CCTV mate. They said they have no proof who was driving.

Did you appeal to Horizon? When you appeal the private car park company you need to ask for a POPLA code which they must give you. 

1 hour ago, Pottig said:

Are you friends with Max power?

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

They probably backed off when they knew they were dealing with a Hardman. No ordinary hardman either. Miles Hardman.

Horizon sent me they link will try them. Well done winning and how that came about.

1 hour ago, Pottig said:

Did you appeal to Horizon? When you appeal the private car park company you need to ask for a POPLA code which they must give you. 

No who is Horizon ? when Euro Car Park rejected my appeal i went to POPLA they sent me to them.

https://horizonparking.co.uk/appeal-a-parking-charge-notice/ is it these lot, who i should turn to. I have just fill the form on line on their site sent it, who are these lot, will they help me. What links they got with PCN number. I am having a nightmare over this and i am fuming and, lost for words.

Archived