Thoughts!

RAMSINCE1969

Thoughts !

I have said before on here how effective are the fitness coaches in getting the squad to the required level to compete ? are they up to the job ? 

We seem to have a lot of injuries, do the certain players want to play for the club, are they up for the fight ? we won the league in 72/73 with 12 players on heavy pitches 

I watched the Luton and Barnsley game ,  the fans want to see attacking / exciting football but many times the defenders do not seem to have a outlet / option to pass the Ball too , midfield need to show for the Ball and create , likewise wingers need to get up the wings , Lawrence and jofrezoon do not do this , I would rather see them lose the ball but have a go to carry the ball, I would rather watch  talent from the under 23 or 18’s 

Sadly we need a new goalie , never have I heard cheers from the home crowd for a goalie catching the ball

The recent debacle regarding a “ bonding night with taxis laid on “ is a joke , sadly the club captain has shown his colours and not led by example also the club have let the fans down, if the drinks bill that is circulating ( if correct)  has been paid for by the club then they have been naive 

When players get paid £1000’s to pull on the shirt they should what to play , entertain , give their all , want to win, be an all time great, send the crowd home happy , it’s not just the price of a ticket but the wasted time spent watching a 75% team that gets me 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Just a thought.

Can we gather a team to match these pen pictures?

After all, fitness levels are so much higher and training methods so much more sophisticated now.....aren't they?

6436E385-C679-449D-970F-E99C835A3BBA.jpeg

Hadn’t realised what a short arsed team we were. Only a couple of players over 5ft 8in!

5 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Just a thought.

After all, fitness levels are so much higher and training methods so much more sophisticated now.....aren't they?

Just a thought 

That was Sir Brian's third season at Derby. Perhaps we should allow Phillip the same time. 

And just another thought.

The criticism received by Sir Brian after his first full season at Derby was similar to some of the stuff being directed at Phillip now 

4 minutes ago, mozza said:

I blame the internet. 

I blame the transfer window. 

That squad would cost about £200m to buy now. Since they introduced the transfer window, player costs have soared so DCFC could never hope to anywhere near that quality without being a top 6 Premier League side.

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I blame the transfer window. 

That squad would cost about £200m to buy now. Since they introduced the transfer window, player costs have soared so DCFC could never hope to anywhere near that quality without being a top 6 Premier League side.

Blame game continued, i blame Brian Clough, you could now buy 200 Trevor Francis's for £200m.

3 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Just a thought.

They seem to have forgotten Willie Carlin.

14 hours ago, RAMSINCE1969 said:

Lawrence and jofrezoon do not do this , I would rather see them lose the ball but have a go to carry the ball,

I suspect the wingers are following the instructions from the coaching staff. Not saying they have the ability or not to do what you would prefer them to do, but probably it’s Cocu fault just as much as theirs.

cant say the same for Roos, pretty sure he is not being coached to give all the fans 15 heart attacks per match.

1 hour ago, Brummie Steve said:

20th February 1971

Blackpool v Rams

Les Green had been replaced by our best Goalie (Shilts was past it when he came to DCFC)

Wignall supersub was superseded. 

What a line up!

2EB29481-4E6B-48FA-842D-137F26770DFB.jpeg

Bloomin eck, didn't realise john craven played footie too

Archived