Thoughts!

RAMSINCE1969

2 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

20th February 1971

Blackpool v Rams

Les Green had been replaced by our best Goalie (Shilts was past it when he came to DCFC)

Wignall supersub was superseded. 

What a line up!

2EB29481-4E6B-48FA-842D-137F26770DFB.jpeg

Was at that game

John Craven in their team.  Must have been before he did Newsround?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Richard Dastard Lee said:

February 1971 was the month Colin Todd signed from Sunderland making his debut the week after the Blackpool game and making that team even better.

So that's what BT stands for....Before Toddy!

Anyone got a spare £170,000?

Or at today's prices £140 million.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

In that case they forgot Archie Gemmill ?

Depends when it was written ?. Archie signed for us in September and, as per usual with Brian, didn't make his debut immediately - I think towards the end of the month. If these pen pics were done at the the beginning of the season then he might not have been our player by then

3 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Depends when it was written ?. Archie signed for us in September and, as per usual with Brian, didn't make his debut immediately - I think towards the end of the month. If these pen pics were done at the the beginning of the season then he might not have been our player by then

Nooo archie and willie actually played together v chelsea at home.

so if willie was gone ??????? then archie was here ??????

22 hours ago, RAMSINCE1969 said:

Lawrence and jofrezoon do not do this , I would rather see them lose the ball but have a go to carry the ball, I would rather watch  talent from the under 23 or 18’s

I would rather we just got rid. Not that it would be so easy....

7 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I suspect the wingers are following the instructions from the coaching staff. Not saying they have the ability or not to do what you would prefer them to do, but probably it’s Cocu fault just as much as theirs.

cant say the same for Roos, pretty sure he is not being coached to give all the fans 15 heart attacks per match.

Agree on both counts. Oh and by the way, if you are using "hick" in your name to indicate drunkenness, it is spelt "hic" as an approximation of "hiccup". Sorry it's the ex teacher in me 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Nooo archie and willie actually played together v chelsea at home.

so if willie was gone ??????? then archie was here ??????

You're correct @Ramnut. They actually played together for Archie's first few matches, including the Chelsea game. As @RAMSINCE1969 will recall we lost his debut match against West Brom, 2-1.   In fact our results in his first few games wasn't good - we lost four on the trot - which was when Brian chose Archie over Willie and moved Willie on.  He was nothing if not ruthless was Brian once he'd made his mind up.

Long and the short of it is that both Willie and Archie's pen pics should have been there if it was written at the end of September, just Willie's pen pic if it was at the beginning of the season and only Archie's if it was after mid October. 

?

On 20/10/2019 at 21:28, Turk Thrust said:

Agree on both counts. Oh and by the way, if you are using "hick" in your name to indicate drunkenness, it is spelt "hic" as an approximation of "hiccup". Sorry it's the ex teacher in me 

It seems myself (and you) are stuck with this typo for about a year because there is 365 day rule between name changes on this forum.

Check spelling if you change name everyone..

Archived