Sainsbury's to stop selling fireworks

McRamFan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree to some degree,  but its possible to buy fireworks suitable for the average backyard. Sadly most people go and buy them that would be more suited to NYE in London.

Just restrict it to those that are suitable.

I've become less tolerant to fireworks as I've got older, especially in residential areas - my dog hates them and I highly doubt my chickens enjoy them either!

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just Nov 5th and Dec 31st but kids set them off over houses and down streets weeks before and weeks after. 

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I've become less tolerant to fireworks as I've got older, especially in residential areas - my dog hates them and I highly doubt my chickens enjoy them either!

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just Nov 5th and Dec 31st but kids set them off over houses and down streets weeks before and weeks after. 

Yep that's the issue. 

If someone wants to set a few mini Catherine wheels or that sort of thing on the backgarden to entertain the kids that's ok. But its the knobs who set off big ones in residential aread that selfishly ruin it for other's.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Good my dog bloody hates them scared to death of them. Plus not fair on wild life who has to stay outside with them.

forest fans?

You'd all love Fallas over here. Near a month of kids throwing small, and not so small, bangers at each other with no regard for those passing by. And then there are the "masclets, some of which can have a body of more than 6" and a diameter of about 3" (no comments please), which sound like a bomb going off!

6965348F-9CBD-4B3C-AEB9-6B4C60127694.jpeg

478073FA-5085-4593-940B-A982DCB1DF73.jpeg

Expensive, very dangerous, anti social, bad example to set and generally pretty rubbish....

I think (rather like the smoking ban in pubs) there would be a bit of moaning if the sale of fireworks to the public were banned, but quickly we would accept it was mental it was allowed in the first place.

5 hours ago, Srg said:

I just struggle to see the point. Maybe i'm a killjoy, but £80 for 5 seconds of colourful loud bangs doesn't seem too much fun when you could pay £5 and go watch a display.

Yes, there are certainly better ways to spend £80 for a few seconds enjoyment.

Oh... wait... I didn't mean... Damn... too late!

54 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I would really love it if they sold only silent fireworks. They do in some countries. 
You really have to wonder at the mental capacity of people who get excited over a loud bang. 

I have a theory about that kind of person.

Archived