Sainsbury's to stop selling fireworks

McRamFan

58 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

Miss Wolfie keeps nagging me to set some off in the garden this year.

I've only done it once (2 years ago) and spent the whole time convinced I was about to blow my face off. Never again.

You must have a good life insurance policy pay out. That must be the only reason she keeps nagging. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28 October 2019 at 18:59, King Kevin said:

We used to get dog poo wrap in newspaper light it and  put it on a doorstep and knock the door .Owner would come out and stamp on the paper to put it out .Kids nowadays no imagination.

Dog poo? Whats that. There was a kid at our school who would lick it just to win a bet.

you don't see any now

all the women dog walkers carry it about in little polythene clutch bags. Even the most sophisticated milfs carry dog sht around with them like a fashion accessory. 

These days Its as rare as rocking horse sh....

33 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Dog poo? Whats that. There was a kid at our school who would lick it just to win a bet.

you don't see any now

all the women dog walkers carry it about in little polythene clutch bags. Even the most sophisticated milfs carry dog sht around with them like a fashion accessory. 

These days Its as rare as rocking horse sh....

You obviously don't have kids or grand kids because it's everywhere still.

On 29/10/2019 at 11:53, Van Wolfie said:

Miss Wolfie keeps nagging me to set some off in the garden this year.

I've only done it once (2 years ago) and spent the whole time convinced I was about to blow my face off. Never again.

I love that feeling of not knowing if the next firework is the one that’s going to take your face off. Makes you feel alive. 

this time last year I was in here vociferously defending my right to fire off a few massive fireworks in my back garden.

for some reason, though, this year I’ve had a change of heart. My lust to blow things up seems to have dissipated. If I’m being honest, I had no real argument of why I should be able to have fireworks, like an NRA member after the latest mass shooting, I just bloody love fireworks. 

This year we went to an organised show. Loads round our area. By the time I’d paid for entry, a couple of burgers and drinks, it was still less than I’d normally spend on fireworks. The fireworks were a million times better than anything I could’ve got from Aldi, and we didn’t have to tidy up or anything afterwards. 

What’s not to like? I think we’ll do that from now on. 

But I do worry that my kids will miss the experience of having to dive out of the way of a wayward firework. 

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

My little dog hates shaking to death tail down follows me up stairs just get out of the way. I am sick to death of my self. They should be ban them full stop. And poor wildlife cant get out of way of them.

Hopefully the worst is over now mate, give your dog a cuddle from me.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

More proof they should be banned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-50313620

... and talk of "Fireworks Wars" on Asda car parks!

Of course, the numerous posts regarding beloved pets, and there's also the small matter of ex-military personnel being a tad jumpy when all these flashes and bangs are going off.  The latter has been evidenced in our own household over recent weeks... and it ain't nice!

Banning the public sale (and use) of fireworks really cannot come soon enough.

Archived