Hello!

Boycie

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Can't quit the forum. It's become a habit. Get my news off here and it's to me what Facebook is for the missus. 

She goes on there for a nosey and the news. Facebook is mostly full of people who are pretending to be the person they wish they were. So it's no more real than the people with anonymity on here. Except over time you get to know people better than a few edited photos let you

Got a love hate relationship with football though. I don't like that I keep watching it. From FIFA to UEFA to "The top 6"  to "THE Premier League!!!" to the way players behave on the pitch... it's just a pathetic world. Now the football community is brought together through the delight of Twitter. That's a beautiful partnership. Rich, successful young men and frustrated keyboard warriors. Wonderful. 

When the ball is in play I love football. But 15 blokes sat around a desk talking about this guy being half a yard out of position..  nah. The " banter" between our Nev and good old Carragher... eurgh! 

Long live the forum! Meh to the football. 

Facebooks full of folk sharing fake posts from TUI saying share for a chance to win a free 2 month holiday to Barbados.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Boycie said:

After all the recent bad news that’s been around, and lots of people losing there love of the club and announcing they’re stopping watching the team, I thought I’d post my support.

Unfortunately for some, I’m not stopping going to Pride Park, and I’m definitely not quitting my sofa for away games either.

I’m not quitting the Forum either, as Daveo would be heart broken, (watch him deny it)

So, who’s with me?

Hello! 

I'm in.

Not quitting the forum and will always follow my team,bin doing it for so long now wouldnt know what else to do on game day.

After the last season though with Lamps and all the euphoria and expectation of things actually going in the right direction at last,

it all seems to be ar$e about face all of a sudden.Leaves me with an overwhelming feeling of disappointment ,with certain players 

and management of my club.Seems some on this forum have taken whats happened hard and some dont give a rats everyone to 

their own i guess,i just wish we could run last season over again i miss the optimism hell of a lot better than the gloom of today,

just sayin.

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

After all the recent bad news that’s been around, and lots of people losing there love of the club and announcing they’re stopping watching the team, I thought I’d post my support.

Unfortunately for some, I’m not stopping going to Pride Park, and I’m definitely not quitting my sofa for away games either.

I’m not quitting the Forum either, as Daveo would be heart broken, (watch him deny it)

So, who’s with me?

Hello! 

7ac4141bc3f6d636869b875fa00cf6b48e657620

10 hours ago, Alpha said:

Can't quit the forum. It's become a habit. Get my news off here and it's to me what Facebook is for the missus. 

She goes on there for a nosey and the news. Facebook is mostly full of people who are pretending to be the person they wish they were. So it's no more real than the people with anonymity on here. Except over time you get to know people better than a few edited photos let you

Got a love hate relationship with football though. I don't like that I keep watching it. From FIFA to UEFA to "The top 6"  to "THE Premier League!!!" to the way players behave on the pitch... it's just a pathetic world. Now the football community is brought together through the delight of Twitter. That's a beautiful partnership. Rich, successful young men and frustrated keyboard warriors. Wonderful. 

When the ball is in play I love football. But 15 blokes sat around a desk talking about this guy being half a yard out of position..  nah. The " banter" between our Nev and good old Carragher... eurgh! 

Long live the forum! Meh to the football. 

You mean Twofacebook! Oh and Twatter.

9 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ignore the horrifically cringey 16-year-old me, but I'll never forgive you for this:

So, who are you again?

Edit: Jesus Christ, I could barely get past the first page. It's that bad. I don't blame @bigbadbob for having a pop.

Wasn't having a pop young 'un (well maybe a little) merely trying to help you navigate through your youthful follies and foibles,to help you mature enough to become a man, the man that knocked one out in the bogs, at hillsborough. I feel i should be quoting kipling at this point. Coyr

Let's face it,after Chris Martin came back into the side after my years of extolling his virtues,I wouldn't have left even if Jeremy Corbyn had bought the club and set it up as a vegan based think tank for the repatriation of Patagonian hamster hybrids.

Nope,the club is bigger than the three half wits who have dragged the club's name through the mud and this forum is part of the club's fabric.

9 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Wasn't having a pop young 'un (well maybe a little) merely trying to help you navigate through your youthful follies and foibles,to help you mature enough to become a man, the man that knocked one out in the bogs, at hillsborough. I feel i should be quoting kipling at this point. Coyr

You know what? Maybe I needed a bit of stick because I came across as a right little poo in that thread?I'm very glad that I don't care about the number of likes I get anymore, although I've arguably got even chirpier as the years have gone by.

P.S. The Hillsborough incident occurred at a similar time to the thread. I can happily say that that was done as a boy!

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm here and if anything,  feel more like supporting the club when they are going through tough times.

Quick question, Angie. Would you join in with the positive Bennett/Lawrence chants just yet? I didn't quite join in with the "He's one of our own" song at Barnsley, but I was a lot closer to doing that than to booing him.

11 hours ago, Boycie said:

So, who’s with me?

Hello! 

What bad news? All forgiven and forgotten as far as I can see.....

It’s a bit like the answer to life the universe and everything. What was it ? 49 or something?

anyway, I support DCFC

nothing’s changed for me. All this is just another national enquirer headline. I’ve about as much interest in this scandal as last years June edition of hello magazine

40 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Quick question, Angie. Would you join in with the positive Bennett/Lawrence chants just yet? I didn't quite join in with the "He's one of our own" song at Barnsley, but I was a lot closer to doing that than to booing him.

No, I didn't join in with the boos and I didn't join in with the chants. I did however applaud Lawrence when he did something good football-wise. Don't think Bennett touched the ball, did he? 

I clapped the teams on and off the pitch as usual.

Archived