Your vote for captain

jono

Keogh and Huddlestone are involved in the incident. The honour of Captain cannot be theirs at present.

Honestly I’d give it to Waggy 

cant explain why but he strikes me as a real giver and solid bloke, Holmes might be a bit young but there is something about endeavour and desire on the pitch about both of them that inspires me. I’d wonder about Scott Malone but he might be a tad fiery. Then of course Chris Martin virtual legend but is he a team man ?. He is certainly lucid enough. 

thoughts everyone ? 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jono said:

Keogh and Huddlestone are involved in the incident. The honour of Captain cannot be theirs at present.

Honestly I’d give it to Waggy 

cant explain why but he strikes me as a real giver and solid bloke, Holmes might be a bit young but there is something about endeavour and desire on the pitch about both of them that inspires me. I’d wonder about Scott Malone but he might be a tad fiery. Then of course Chris Martin virtual legend but is he a team man ?. He is certainly lucid enough. 

thoughts everyone ? 

Bobby davison. I still love that man

7 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Waghorn or Bogle for me.

Possibly Lowe if Cocu sees him as a 1st team regular.

Understand the sentiment but too young for me ..

I might change my mind if I knew them, it’s always difficult to speculate who is a leader when you can’t honestly see their demeanour or hear them speak. I always want to think that a young lad who’s come through the academy and has been lead and taught the right way from a young age might be a perfect leader but then again they might be p artist and thinks it’s ok and funny to throw up in a pub bog.

i’d add that I am just a tad too serious and stuffy to make these decisions and would rather folk with a bit more understanding of youff made the choice ?

35 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Waghorn or Bogle for me.

Possibly Lowe if Cocu sees him as a 1st team regular.

For me, the captain has to be someone who the others look up to and will follow. Bogle and Lowe are very young and, from what I see, don’t have that leader’s mentality just yet. Of course, it could be the making of them, but I’d give it to Waggy for now.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

For me, the captain has to be someone who the others look up to and will follow. Bogle and Lowe are very young and, from what I see, don’t have that leader’s mentality just yet. Of course, it could be the making of them, but I’d give it to Waggy for now.

Agree, but I love it when a young home grown lad gets the armband above the obvious candidates.

Let's face it, it's not Cricket or Rugby where the job is a lot more responsible, it's a piece of cloth on a bicep and little more.

Unless you give it to an experienced player, who then becomes a cross between Mother Theresa and Winston Churchill.

So we need a leader more than ever now and someone who will stay in the first team...

Davies is a decent bet, but seems a bit injury prone.

Martin might not play enough and unsure of leadership.

Struggling to be honest.

A gamble that might pay off is Bogle. Got a season under his belt and capable of being our best player. Big ask for a young lad, but I'm edging toward it.

7 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Bielik...

Definite starter, one for the future. 

After him, Waghorn for his endeavour and Davies for his experience.

Bielik for me too, anyone else is either too young or not guaranteed a start. Not sure about Waggy. 

Archived