Who should we support now?

ariotofmyown

Burton: local club, little prospects of ever reaching Prem, ex-players and Nigel which could sway opinions.

Leeds: the history of cheating has been wiped clean by FIFA and do play good stuff, but are forever bottling it so too frustrating

Forest: local and possibly on the up for once, but owner has shady background

Man City: will win league or Champions league, but Pep will be off soon

Chelsea: Lamps, Morris, Mount and Tomori. They are more Derby than Derby. Blue is the colour. Long way to games but can watch on box regularly. Lovely fans. Not

Derby: Oh well, might as well stick with the Rams I guess.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

COCU

This. Cocu is the one person who needs our undiluted support. Only he can move the team on from all this, and change the club’s atmosphere for the better. Only the manager can alter the attitude and culture of the playing staff. Forget owners, players, captains. Now is the time to back our manager, show him some patience and support, and have faith that he will steer us right.

Pride Park shouldn’t stop singing his name on Saturday. 

Hypothetically, if Derby County did something so awful I felt I could no longer be a Derby fan (which this isn't and would take a lot) I think I'd look at a small local team to support, but it'd never be the same.

Similarly, if they had someone involved like the Oystons of Blackpool I might get to the state I just suspended my support until it was resolved, but I don't think you can just "decided to support XYZ" or, if you did, you never cared in the first place.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

This. Cocu is the one person who needs our undiluted support. Only he can move the team on from all this, and change the club’s atmosphere for the better. Only the manager can alter the attitude and culture of the playing staff. Forget owners, players, captains. Now is the time to back our manager, show him some patience and support, and have faith that he will steer us right.

Yep, having just watched the Brum pre match interview, the man needs a break.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Rather an unfortunate surname to shout repetitively though!

Archived