v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok then we have tried and experimented what have we learnt

bennett - league one standard not good enough never going to be why he keeps starting I don’t know 

sibley -  worth a place on the bench 

Lawson and Whitaker not ready 

Davis - to old 

bird - not ready 

Buchanan - ok 

evans - not good enough 

paterson - poor mans tom Lawrence

holmes is not a right back and Marriott is not a number 10 

forest made 8 changes tonight and beat us with ease we created nothing not a shot on goal second half 

3 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and risk a lot of ridicule... but I reckon Mel should refund the supporter's tickets who went to that poo shower tonight. They bought those tickets in good faith, hoping to beat our arch rivals only to find out the manager wants to literally throw the match for the sake of teaching a few of our wee youths a hard lesson.

Unacceptable.

I love the fact that some of us still have  a sense of humour...oh wait...you was being serious wasnt you?

Do you offer to pay more for your ticket when we get a better result than you had expected?

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Win on Saturday and no one will give a toss about tonight.

That's the risk though isn't it?

I'm probably in the minority but if given the option to get knocked out tonight but guarantee 3 points on Saturday, I would accept that.

Other managers have tried resting players in the cup then lost the following league game and it's heaped extra, unnecessary pressure on them.

If we win on Saturday it's almost all forgotten, but he's sticking his neck on the line by risking it.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Undoubtedly. But it could have been learnt with a team that was more his 'first team' and an addition of U23s. We might even win a game or two, have a cup run...whatever.

2 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and risk a lot of ridicule... but I reckon Mel should refund the supporter's tickets who went to that poo shower tonight. They bought those tickets in good faith, hoping to beat our arch rivals only to find out the manager wants to literally throw the match for the sake of teaching a few of our wee youths a hard lesson.

Unacceptable.

I agree fans should have tickets refunded.  I am ‘enjoying’ corporate hospitality but v bad day at the office for rams fans at the ground.  Difficult to take positives - not sure what the plan was other than blood some youth and give Holmes/Davis/Shinnie a game.  Out of one cup, no threat of a home money spinner with Utd......Oh well, we now have less games this season. ?

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

But for you to say this season will be a struggle after a few games that could very easily have been very different is farcical

I base it on the squad as much as the results (that just supports my views). We on the whole lack creativity and pace. Our wingers are poor. We don’t have the goals to supplement our strikers. We look slow at the back....nothing farcical about that. 

3 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

Unacceptable.

It was U23 match from our point of view, they wanted the victory and our manager didn’t. Can’t expect our fans to pay full whack for that. I think Mel will see it the same way to be fair to him. 

Archived