v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

There is no excuse for this debacle,so disappointing that my team has no threat whatsoever to our bigest rivals.

Never had a chance with this selection wtf does Cocu not realise every game against the dogs is important ,especialy 

to the 3000 rams who spent money to watch.Total shiite.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Justa said:

We’ve been though this earlier in the thread.

its a 50/50 split between those who say but it’s against Forest and those that seemingly don’t care 

I know and I was being facetious.

I get that for some fans Forest will always be Forest, but for me, this fixture in the fizzy pop cup second round is barely more significant than when we played Forest in pre-season in 2007.

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

What is the bigger picture?...We’ve won one league game and that is against a side that has forgotten how to win. They are joint bottom don’t delude yourself, this will be a struggle of a season. 

I sound like a broken record but we have not replaced our three best players from last season. Bielek needs to play in the role that he excelled for at Charlton

But if Waghorn scored 2 pens we would have 3 wins and 10pts, small margins

I’d love to say we should have put out our strongest team, but I don’t even know what that is at the moment and I don’t think Cocu knows either. 

The whole Lampard drama has really stuffed us this season with having a settled team. I also am losing interest in loaning players because the following season you’re just back to square one. 

3 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Real shame the dream is dead for another year. I’ve always wanted to taste that sweet taste of Carabao at Wembley ever since I were a lad.

The dream of winning the competition is dead for another year.

You have to think that Cocu being foreign probably doesn’t understand how important the Carabao Cup is to the fans?

What is carabao?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

How will this help their progress?

No idea, I'm no football coach. But plenty of players who've talked about their development have said that experiences like this have helped them.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Was happy with the lineup, but knew a loss was likely. Not fussed at the (likely) result to be honest. Don't care about this competition, don't care that it's forest. Blood the youths.

I get the whole 'blood the youths' stuff people are taking as a positive from this, but do we really believe after this type of performance Cocu will want to call on the younger players in an important league game knowing this is how they coped on a big occasion when given the chance? 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

people say that but who doesn't love a good cup run? semi-final of carling cup beating the world champions at home and giving them a game at their place was brilliant ? I wouldn't say no to that again if it was offered. 

Of course but there’s a lot of games you have to play first - and the attendances in the early rounds show the contempt many fans have for it.

I loved our run last year and it’s a massive bonus for us, but when it comes to cup competitions, I love the FA Cup.

1 minute ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Maybe you should have told Cocu about this, doesn’t seem to know what this game means to people.

Ten changes is a disgrace, no other explanation. 

Correct. Cocu should first and foremost be thinking about how some of the fans want to take the piss out of their Forest supporting colleagues tomorrow. That's the most important thing. 

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

I know and I was being facetious.

I get that for some fans Forest will always be Forest, but for me, this fixture in the fizzy pop cup second round is barely more significant than when we played Forest in pre-season in 2007.

Humm not sure the fans that are there will be saying that

Why can’t some people not understand, we are not in a position to field our supposed strongest team in all competitions.

Cocu needs to know who he can call upon for league matches as and when required, he can only do that by putting our youngsters up against similar opponents in cup competitions.

Calm down its another step in our journey back to the top.

If anything, 0 shots on target is awful. Midfield still a worry and defense leaking goals. Almost sounds like the first team as well.

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

people say that but who doesn't love a good cup run? semi-final of carling cup beating the world champions at home and giving them a game at their place was brilliant ? I wouldn't say no to that again if it was offered. 

The seasons long enough as it is, cup runs are no good for a championship club....though I’ll still enjoy a nice FA cup run, I’ve never been bothered about the league cup. Of course I wanted to beat forest though.

Archived