v Stoke City (A) Match thread

Parsnip

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

As a counter argument on Dowell, can you remember how Wilson and Tomori played in the first three games last year? 

Sometimes it takes a player, particularly a loan player a bit of time to find their feet and get going.

Yeah good point. 

Tomori was very dodgy wasn't he? One of my favourite ever loans now. 

Few players bullied off the ball today, we need to sort this out as if teams  know this is all that takes to win the battle of midfield we will be bullied and beat by poorer opposition.  Bad day for hudds , all his weaknesses on show without any of his strengths. Have to stand by my view on Zoon, did you see his interview being asked about Cocu? Something doesn’t add up. I don’t understand a winger who can’t beat a man with speed or skill and when Lowe came forward he placed himself in a completely unusable position almost every time?‍♂️ and when Lowe was overloaded or went forward and the move broke down he’s nowhere to be seen.

13 hours ago, Danelaw Rams said:

No mate zoon was the worst player I've seen in yeeeeeeeears! No idea what he was doing, no effort! Did you notice in  2nd half when the natural ball was zoon , we switched play rather than play it to him? The fans knew and so did the players! Useless! 

Lawrence got hauled off before he was sent off

that could have been quite reasonably done at half time or sooner

his ball retention is just bloody shocking at times, I don’t think any of that front 3 are convering  themselves in glory 

Lawrence hit two beauties the other week, which just makes it the more frustrating cos we’ve seen what he can do, he can go from the sublime to the downright awful, top corner from 20 yards one minute to needlessly giving it away for 90 minutes 

at least flojo is steady ?

tbf laid on what should have been the match winning chance for Waggy which is a helluva lot more than Lawrence did 

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Seems a distant memory from when Lawrence was getting all the plaudits from his performance against Huddersfield and I commented I hope it wasn't a false dawn......

Realistically if you had a consistent performer in that position they wouldn't be playing in the Championship

Very true 

8 hours ago, caymanram said:

Sorry but I have to question Roos . A header on the 6 yard line and - as is often the case- he was rooted on his line. He could have come and punched. Needs to command his area better- it’s his real weakness.

Pretty sure he only came for one cross all game and a couple of crosses were floating ones that keepers should 100% be coming for. 

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, dabber said:

Has Cocu explained his thinking behind playing Josefzoon and Lowe on their off sides when switching to 3 central defenders?

Yes. He knows Lowe is going to have to play the right sided role for a little while and wants him to get used to it.

I don't know why Zoon isn't dropped and Cocu replaces him with Anya know it sounds negative but he can't be any worse.

It looks like Cocu is prepared to make his own mind up about players clean slate and all that but wondering how long that exercise should be lasting for 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't know why Zoon isn't dropped and Cocu replaces him with Anya know it sounds negative but he can't be any worse.

It looks like Cocu is prepared to make his own mind up about players clean slate and all that but wondering how long that exercise should be lasting for 

Anya is injured

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Yeah good point. 

Tomori was very dodgy wasn't he? One of my favourite ever loans now. 

He was very raw, clearly talented but really lacked positional sense.

Dowell clearly has talent and hopefully with a bit of time he will start to flourish.

3 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Bielik was wasted at centre back yesterday we need him CDM

It’s a decent indication that Cocu will go to 3 at the back during games to change our play which is fair enough - I actually think we may start a few games like that this season possibly Keogh Davies Clarke with Belick in front which should be quite decent against some sides like Millwall 

Archived