v Stoke City (A) Match thread

Parsnip

22 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Useful player to have but lack of Wilson and mount replacements big mistake.  Bad recruiting 

To be fair you can't replace Mount. Nobody knew just how good he would be.

But yeah, we've taken a big hit on him and Wilson. 

I wouldn't mind Dowell if Lawrence was less greedy. I wouldn't mind Lawrence if Dowell was more reliable. 

But as pair and then you add Jozefzoon you've got a trio of free spirits. Jozefzoon manages to vanish a lot. Lawrence to be fair to him is willing to dig us out a bit in between his greedy selfish play. But Dowell is just pure luxury. He looks like a player expecting it all his own way. He's not doing the basics well. 

Maybe he's trying hard to impress. Maybe it's exaggerated because he's got Jozefzoon and Lawrence. 

As a 3 they look disjointed and do what they want. I can see Cocu breaking them up now. 

Lawrence should be fine because he is capable of producing something.

Jozefzoon and Dowell should be worried about their place. 

(This isn't me sharpening my knife. They have a whole season to come back into it)

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Unless he's a world class player, I think no one player is capable of filling the gap left by the loss of two good pl from our midfield.

Mount and Wilson had the benefit of having each other for support in an other wise average midfield.

Until Dowell gets more support from other midfield players when we are attacking, then I don't think we will see the best of his abilities.

Hard to support him when he's as bad as anyone for sloppiness

Any of our previous managers would have lost. Cocu changed the system and got a good draw from a very tough game. We’ve lost about 14 players and the three loanees were our best. It’s a work in progress and I’m happy seeing Knight, Lowe in the team and still picking up points. This season won’t be easy but I think we will progress as a club over the next few. Every other manager eg rowett with older players and Lampard with loans has been looking at the present whereas Cocu is looking at the future and this takes time. The team and the club hasn’t progressed for years but now is the time and sometimes it takes time. 

54 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Don’t give him the time of day mate, all he does is scour threads for posts he can contradict/ leave a smart arse comment to. 

What you on about  you daft t**t? When have ever made a smart arse comment? When u see a lack of desire and commitment in a player,  why shouldn't I call it out  I've been following Derby for more than 45 years! Sorry my option has upset the snowflake and socially crippled generation ffs!

1 minute ago, Danelaw Rams said:

What you on about  you daft t**t? When have ever made a smart arse comment? When u see a lack of desire and commitment in a player,  why shouldn't I call it out  I've been following Derby for more than 45 years! Sorry my option has upset the snowflake and socially crippled generation ffs!

Yer think he was on about me making smart ass comments or whatever but don't let that detract you from changing your post as an attack on them ?

13 minutes ago, Danelaw Rams said:

I was sticking up for you, you daft t**t. Oh and it’s 50 years this season for me following Derby so take your puny 45 years and shove them up your arse. ?

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

If he's that poo why is Cocu continually selecting him then.

And if the retort is that there's no one better than that's a failing of our summer transfer activity and not the guys fault 

To be fair lampard selected him a lot at the beginning until he realised he had become invisible Cocu will learn 

3 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I was sticking up for you, you daft t**t. Oh and it’s 50 years this season for me following Derby so take your puny 45 years and shove them up your arse. ?

Calm down grandads.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

To be fair lampard selected him a lot at the beginning until he realised he had become invisible Cocu will learn 

Was just musing on the fact that it's been apparent to everyone else apart from Cocu....fair play if he's trying to give everyone a fair chance and clean slate regardless of what's gone on previously

Archived