v Stoke City (A) Match thread

Parsnip

32 minutes ago, Danelaw Rams said:

No mate zoon was the worst player I've seen in yeeeeeeeears! No idea what he was doing, no effort! Did you notice in  2nd half when the natural ball was zoon , we switched play rather than play it to him? The fans knew and so did the players! Useless! 

You can't have seen much football then have you been in prison perchance 

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I thought he controlled it well myself too..... I see the usuals are on the attack ?

I know you're not including me in that, literally the first criticism I've posted about a ref ever, dog shagger aside.

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I know you're not including me in that, literally the first criticism I've posted about a ref ever, dog shagger aside.

I know..... ??

The malaise of some of our players having off days on the same day  is there for all to see. All the best with that one, Phil. We cannot expect the team to have gelled yet. A work in progress.no easy games in this league but scoring goals covers a multitude of errors.

Thinking about 3 at the back........a random thought.

Roos

Keogh. Davies Clarke 

bogle                    Beilik.              Lowe/Malone 

Lawrence  Shinnie

Marriott.        Waghorn 

16 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Fair result in the end (if anything, they edged it). 

The system change was totally out the blue and bizarre. Bielik looks the real deal but tried to do too much today and did get caught out. Their second was bizarre considering we had 3 central defenders. 

Cocu needs to learn his best team (and fast). Marriott HAS to be in that team. He was absolutely excellent when he came on. Jozefzoon is still leaving a lot to be desired, can’t understand him staying on.

Lots if positives, i’d of certainly taken 5 points with 2 away games and tough fixtures.

Do you not think that Marriott not playing has less to do with him playing a worse team on purpose and more to do with the fact he’s had no pre-season?

I think Cocu does know his best team with the current players who are fit enough to start. The problem I think is that the team largely picks itself at the minute - we’re not blessed with options. Outside the starting XI, it’s a mixture of first teamers who aren’t fully fit and kids we want to blood in gently.

People need to relax Cocu has been here for a month he is still learning about his players and how they fit into different tactical formations and situations.

He can only get these answers from competitive games and the fact we are not losing them bodes well.It will take another six or seven games before we see the best of this team.

2 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

People need to relax Cocu has been here for a month he is still learning about his players and how they fit into different tactical formations and situations.

He can only get these answers from competitive games and the fact we are not losing them bodes well.It will take another six or seven games before we see the best of this team.

I agree with your post 100 percent, we are bedding in, and still not losing games, a good point at Stoke today, which we nearly grabbed all 3 points in, think we could see Bielik,Paterson and Marriott all start on Tuesday night. In Cocu I trust.

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I agree with your post 100 percent, we are bedding in, and still not losing games, a good point at Stoke today, which we nearly grabbed all 3 points in, think we could see Bielik,Paterson and Marriott all start on Tuesday night. In Cocu I trust.

£50 says Paterson doesn't start Tuesday night

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Paterson won't start. Not allowed against his parent club.

That's why I was surprised he didn't start today.

Some criticism for cocus tactics today but I don’t mind them at all. He’s quick to change things when they aren’t working as with the 3 at the back and he’s not scared of making early positive changes.

Yes some of his decisions are bold, but I prefer that to the sitting on their hands approach a number of managers seem to take

Makes you laugh, people lamenting Cocus tactics. The same people who moan we haven’t had a Plan B or C for years..... we had 3 plans in 90 minutes today 

6 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

When a new manager is appointed with a long contract and a brief which includes developing academy talent, fans rightly say he needs time to implement his ideas on a squad he knows very little about but for some, that goes out of the window after one or two indifferent performances.

We're 3 games into a new season and are unbeaten so it's a decent start - no more but no less. Cocu will know far quicker than fans what's working so far and what isn't and I will back him to sort out what isn't.

Archived