Radio Draby post match

DCFC Ram

I listened to Radio Draby on the way to the car after the game as usual.

It was impressive how Cocu spoke with eloquence and precision to provide an informed and insightful summary of the performance in less than a couple of minutes - and that's with English being his second (possibly third, fourth, fifth or even sixth language).

Ramage's post match comments were drivel in comparision.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cocu spoke very well, was impressed. Properly detailed analysis of the game and seemed to know what he was talking about- hopefully anyway, it sounded decent! Seems quite meticulous and hopefully he’ll work out where we need improving and hopefully eventually have us as a well drilled unit in both defence and attack.

Ramage on the other hand just talks utter poo and always have. Can’t listen to radio Derby as it’s like they’re on another planet, even post match which I sometimes listen to (like today) it’s mental. Pretty sure he said bogles injury isn’t too bad as we have wisdom to replace him..... hate to break it to you Craig, but wisdom is also still injured.

on a plus, i thought they did a very good match preview podcast. Seems to be something new for this season. Chris Coles plus a couple of guest analysts I didn't recognise "Josh" and "Chris" I think.  Bloggers maybe? 

But I liked that show.  Worth a listen in future.

Coles is certainly the best broadcaster of the 3 match-day regulars.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Cocu spoke very well, was impressed. Properly detailed analysis of the game and seemed to know what he was talking about- hopefully anyway, it sounded decent! Seems quite meticulous and hopefully he’ll work out where we need improving and hopefully eventually have us as a well drilled unit in both defence and attack.

Ramage on the other hand just talks utter poo and always have. Can’t listen to radio Derby as it’s like they’re on another planet, even post match which I sometimes listen to (like today) it’s mental. Pretty sure he said bogles injury isn’t too bad as we have wisdom to replace him..... hate to break it to you Craig, but wisdom is also still injured.

No,ramage asked ed about wisdom and they then discussed how far he was away from fitness and that he had been forgotten about (by them)

ramage doesn't bother me. He has alot of airtime to fill and can get drawn into subject areas where he hasn't fully thought through what he is forced to yabber on about. Much of what he says seems pretty accurate to me. 

But ed dawes is just horrible to listen too. 

@OwenB87 is loads better 

It is unfair to compare a footballer who has just finished a game with an ex footballer who is paid to comment on the game, but the post match segment of Ramage and then Keogh was far weaker than the comments from Cocu.

For his of his effort and attributes on the pitch, Keogh really ain't the person to put in front of a microphone after the game. I don't think that it does him any favours.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

ramage doesn't bother me. He has alot of airtime to fill and can get drawn into subject areas where he hasn't fully thought through what he is forced to yabber on about. Much of what he says seems pretty accurate to me. 

But ed dawes is just horrible to listen too. 

@OwenB87 is loads better 

me to Ramage is just giving his opinion on what he is asked it's the same as on the forum not everyone's going to agree or like what they hear and you have the choice to listen or not .

11 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

I listened to Radio Draby on the way to the car after the game as usual.

It was impressive how Cocu spoke with eloquence and precision to provide an informed and insightful summary of the performance in less than a couple of minutes - and that's with English being his second (possibly third, fourth, fifth or even sixth language).

Ramage's post match comments were drivel in comparision.

Cocu has a finite amount of airtime Ramage has a lot of deadtime to pad out.

Whether you care to admit it or not filling all that void time even with drivel requires a modicum of skill.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No,ramage asked ed about wisdom and they then discussed how far he was away from fitness and that he had been forgotten about (by them)

Ah well I obviously turned it off by that point, honestly I don’t think I could have disagreed more with their summary of yesterday’s game at times. The pair of them wouldn’t know football if it smacked them in the face

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Never mind radio Derby, can’t believe grown men were ringing in moaning that cocu didn’t wave to them after the game. Get a ducking grip 

I don’t think Cocu even heard the call to wave.  He was talking to the 4th official when they were calling for it. 

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Never mind radio Derby, can’t believe grown men were ringing in moaning that cocu didn’t wave to them after the game. Get a ducking grip 

He speaks great English but perhaps he misheard and thought the chant was Cocu give us a weave. He was then thinking to himself this Derby lot are plain bonkers.

52 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ah well I obviously turned it off by that point, honestly I don’t think I could have disagreed more with their summary of yesterday’s game at times. The pair of them wouldn’t know football if it smacked them in the face

Why would Ramage not know about football i think that's a bit unfair considering the involvement he's had within the game during his life.

31 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Why would Ramage not know about football i think that's a bit unfair considering the involvement he's had within the game during his life.

I've watched many full 90's back with their commentary on in the past and their version of events is totally off

They always lean on the side of negative. For example Derby could have 5 attacking moves that break down on the edge of the box. Swansea could have 1 counter attack that breaks down on the edge of the box. 

It would be summarised by saying Derby's passing has been really poor today and they just don't look like scoring. Derby were lucky there because if that final pass had been better then Swansea would be in. It was too easy for Swansea to get through the midfield. 

That there is how they summarise everything. Countless times I have watched the game and heard their live commentary. 

Countless times I've been getting in the car to hear stuff like "Derby didn't look like scoring" and I'm shouting "But Bennett missed a sitter, Keogh had a header cleared off the line, Lawrence drew 2 good saves. Derby definitely looked capable of scoring!" then I turn the clowns off. 

Always lean on the side of negative. Dawes moans like a drunken teenage gobshite about referees and linesman. 

I don't expect them to just dig out positives when there aren't many. But they dig out negatives where they aren't many. Parasites. 

Whether Ramage played or not is irrelevant. Marc Edworthy and The Rams TV guys played and they largely say the opposite to Ramage so they can't both be offering a real insight to the game. If playing had offered him such a great tactical mind then he wouldn't be commentating on Radio Derby. Have you heard some of the nonsense that comes out of Andy Townsend? He was miles better than Ramage

No wonder the station has people ringing up upset because Cocu didn't wave at them. That's the sort of drama queen garbage they love. 

No wonder Mel prefers Talksport. 

They really pander to the football fan who thinks to show passion and fire is to be outraged by something all the time. Saying stuff like "not fit to wear the shirt" and "Showed no passion today. They didn't want it enough"

Archived