Radio Draby post match

DCFC Ram

8 hours ago, angieram said:

Actually, Ramage has another full time job that pays his wages and he has to make time around this for his Radio Derby commitments. He probably spends a lot less time reading about Derby County than we do and he certainly doesn't attend the academy matches like quite a few of us. 

I found this out when I met Dawes after an away match last season. He was staying at the same hotel, but Ramage had to get back to Watford for his day job. A long drive from Ipswich after match duties finish and an early start.

I have to say Dawes was much more balanced in person than he appears on Radio Derby and his knowledge of the team is usually pretty good. I just think Ramage and Dawes don't work so well as a pair as they both tend to slip into the same negativity too easily.

Both Owen Bradley in the past and Chris Coles now offer some much needed balance, but that often only happens after the match.  However, they can only react to the calls they get at this stage - and some of our fans are a lot more negative than they are! Not saying it isn't fueled by the commentary (I very rarely listen to it) but why don't more balanced posters ring in? I don't know. I never do.

Always wondered whether Ramage did other work. What’s his job?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who listens to Radio Derby these days?

Much like the DET’s coverage, it’s gone massively downhill. You can listen to podcasts and go to forums such as these and get a higher quality of insight.

I think it’s quite telling that the club poached Owen and Colin to front RamsTV and left everyone else well alone.

It’s obvious why Radio Derby have stuck with Dawes and Ramage. It’s this modern phenomenon of any reaction is better than none at all. Something that is quite prevalent on TalkSport, for example.

Rightly or wrongly, RD are not paying the two of them for polished, sensible and well researched commentary and insight, but just to get people talking/listening by hook or by crook. So the more critical, the more controversial, the more outspoken, the better. Accuracy is pretty much immaterial.

Sith Happens
53 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's something to do with construction, driving an excavator I think. 

Well he does like to have a dig 

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

He helps out a builder in Littleover apparently too.

These blocks seem weak. That conservatory roof will leak. I can't see that lasting the winter. This sand is too sandy. This cement just isn't good enough. That window won't fit. The van will probably break down on the way home. 

Sith Happens
36 minutes ago, Tcdcfc said:

I’m pretty sure he lives in Mickleover so doubt he works in Watford! 

Having given this much consideration,  i have come to the conclusion i have no interest in where he lives or indeed works.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Having given this much consideration,  i have come to the conclusion i have no interest in where he lives or indeed works.

Oh but surely a thread deteriorating into "jobs it would be amusing if Craig Rammage had to do them" has a certain je ne sais Quat. After all, it was sting who sang

"Rammage.... Put out the red light"

Or

"I know what Craig Rammage's job is, saw him in the back at McDonald's off kingsway, had that haunted look about him, totally ITK"

48 minutes ago, KCG said:

So the happy clappers don't like the Radio Derby commentary, there's a surprise. Here's a tip don't listen and you won't get offended... geez!

So the wrist slashers like the Radio Derby’s commentary, there’s a surprise.  Birds of a feather ‘n all that ?

Just now, LazloW said:

So the wrist slashers like the Radio Derby’s commentary, there’s a surprise.  Birds of a feather ‘n all that ?

No one in their right mind can label me a wrist slasher. My comments are well-balanced, unlike those of the happy clappers who seem to want to be told Derby played faultless football all the time.

Archived