Ben Hamer - Signed on season long loan

Heisenberg

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I would assume being signed by a premier league club he would be on at least the same and probably more than the England international we have let go .  Insane deal .

You think Huddersfield were paying their reserve keeper the same as we paid our first choice?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a clue about this chap. Goalkeeping is all about confidence though. Watched my lad in his first Sunday game. First 10 mins awful. Clucking like a chicken.  0 - 2 down. Grew into it though and at the end they were 3 - 2 up and he made a stupendous save to win the game. 

In Mel and Cocu we trust. I've proved I know nothing. 

But what I do know is -

1 we were brilliant at Huddersfield 

2 Rooney's here in January 

3 We're going to be top at the end of the season. 

4 Duck it. I'm a Ram. It's not about winning the league it's about being the best and nicest place in the world to be anything.

15 minutes ago, ramit said:

Liked his interview, he kinda reminds me of Keogh and i mean that in a good way, enthusiastic yet humble, he gives off a good vibe i think.  Good that there is competition in the position.  Welcome to Derby Ben.

He seems like a top bloke to have around the dressing room, I feel bad for posting the tweet from the Huddersfield fan about him now ?

14 minutes ago, HiltonoRama said:

Not a clue about this chap. Goalkeeping is all about confidence though. Watched my lad in his first Sunday game. First 10 mins awful. Clucking like a chicken.  0 - 2 down. Grew into it though and at the end they were 3 - 2 up and he made a stupendous save to win the game. 

But what I do know is -

4 Duck it. I'm a Ram. It's not about winning the league it's about being the best and nicest place in the world to be anything.

Great post hb

19 minutes ago, HiltonoRama said:

But what I do know is -

Why would Cocu etc suddenly have no idea about a player

I saw him play once a few years back. Went to Charlton Vs. Blackburn with a Blackburn-supporting mate. Hamer in goal for the Addicks.

I remember Charlton lost, and Hamer got hammered by the Blackburn fans for having a proper spartan / hipster beard. Tbh I found it all pretty amusing as a neutral. 

1 hour ago, Sexydadbod said:

Sounds like we got a great goalkeeper ?

Well he played 8 games for them and conceded 22 goals. 

6 at Man City, 4 against Leicester, and Spurs, 3 against Chelsea, 2 against Palace and Arsenal, 1 against Brizzle and kept a clean sheet against Cardiff. Totally fair of them in their assessment ?

Hi Ben, welcome to Derby.

i’m sure You are half decent, so i’m not worried, and in any case, if you have an off day we’re going score so many at the other end it won’t be too much of an issue.

1 hour ago, DJFern94 said:

Wasn't that excited about Hamer, but listening to his interview, he genuinely seems enthusiastic and wants to challenge Roos. He understands he is backup but seems a good personality to have around the place. 

Just found out he's from chard as well, I spent a few years working there and from what I gather it's a real working man's place, where graft and personality are important. That is a generalisation mind you

For what he may potentially lack in skill he could offset in the dressing room and giving ravas/mitchell/Roos some decent competition. 

I hope he does really well ?

Archived