Rooney Performances @ D.C. United

Day

From Daily Telegraph. Yeah let’s move it from a bank holiday to a working day. Good idea. FFS

”The former England captain is not eligible to play for Derby until January, after signing an 18-month deal as player-coach, but it is understood Sky Sports are already considering the prospect of televising his debut.

Sky could move the date of Derby’s home game against Barnsley from New Year’s Day to January 2, so Rooney is registered in time to make his first appearance for the club. “

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, admira said:

From Daily Telegraph. Yeah let’s move it from a bank holiday to a working day. Good idea. FFS

”The former England captain is not eligible to play for Derby until January, after signing an 18-month deal as player-coach, but it is understood Sky Sports are already considering the prospect of televising his debut.

Sky could move the date of Derby’s home game against Barnsley from New Year’s Day to January 2, so Rooney is registered in time to make his first appearance for the club. “

Posters on here suggested that would happen as soon as he signed. 

17 minutes ago, rynny said:

Sky don't have FA Cup matches, it will be BBC and BT Sport that will be battling it out for that one. 

Oh ah yeah my bad, so i guess they'll rearrange atleast one of our matches if we are to be televised?

Seeing as the FA Cup 3rd Round is on the 4th, playing on the 2nd would be a bit iffy

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Oh ah yeah my bad, so i guess they'll rearrange atleast one of our matches if we are to be televised?

Seeing as the FA Cup 3rd Round is on the 4th, playing on the 2nd would be a bit iffy

Or both get moved, we will end up playing Barnsley on 2nd and the FA Cup match on 5th/6th

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

Or both get moved, we will end up playing Barnsley on 2nd and the FA Cup match on 5th/6th

Just what we all want innit, Move the match from Bank Hol to a working day & Move FA Cup match from a Saturday to either a Sunday or Monday... Fantastic!

3 hours ago, Squid said:

Just what we all want innit, Move the match from Bank Hol to a working day & Move FA Cup match from a Saturday to either a Sunday or Monday... Fantastic!

I'll whisper it, but that works better for me.. 

3 hours ago, Squid said:

Maybe the club has new no-drinking policy and this reflects it? Just watch beer to change to non-alcoholic one at PP.

59 minutes ago, Squid said:

As I've stated beforehand, my English skills are awful... you'll get used to it lol

No I won't!  But fear not. I shall guide you through the rocky paths of English skills and shine a light on the correct use of grammar and the complexities of spelling. 

5 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Due in at Moor Farm next week, according to Cocu.

Hopefully just having him around will give the squad a boost.

I think it's perhaps going to take a bit more than that, considering recent Rams performances. 

If Rooney has played his last match in the MLS, can he now start for Derby?

It can't take two months to get over the jet-lag!

If it's to do with transfer windows, I hope that he can start coaching and training - and that he isn't left to go on a two-month bender!

Archived