Rooney Performances @ D.C. United

David

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cocu_Doodle_Do said:

So if he’s played his last game for DC can he not come early??

My understanding is he could arrive at the club tomorrow, effectively, (subject to US contract being signed off) and even commence his coaching role, with us, but we can't now register him as a player until 01/01/2020?

I believe the plan was/is for a month or so holiday, then clock on late Nov/early Dec for training etc, in readiness for The New Year?

18 minutes ago, Papahet said:

His legs started to go years ago. But the clip of him running back 60 yard to chase his man, get a tackle in and then stick in a 60 yarder into the box shows he’s more quality and desire than anyone currently at the club 

Precisely this.

Everyone who has played with Rooney says he's the ultimate professional in training, and his desire to win is undoubted. Could be exactly the kind of character we need in this team right now. Have a nice holiday Wayne, but if you get bored on the beach, hurry up back and help these lads out! 

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I’ve read things about how great he’s been for DC. Perhaps Toronto won because they are the better team, rather than it all being Rooneys fault? I don’t know, I don’t follow MLS, just a thought.

Oh no. But his job with us is to carry us and single handedly take us to the premiership. Are you telling me he may not be capable of this?

On 20/10/2019 at 09:14, Mucker1884 said:

My understanding is he could arrive at the club tomorrow, effectively, (subject to US contract being signed off) and even commence his coaching role, with us, but we can't now register him as a player until 01/01/2020?

I believe the plan was/is for a month or so holiday, then clock on late Nov/early Dec for training etc, in readiness for The New Year?

He won't want to miss out on any team bonding sessions or the Christmas Party.

Archived