Rooney Performances @ D.C. United

David

Rooney had a decent match and made some good telling passes in the last 3rd of the pitch. He got booked yet again but the foul should have been for him and not against him as i thought it was a 50/50 tussle, maybe Yank refs have it in for him. I thought he was going to get a Red when he mouthed Duck off, wasn't sure if it was directed at the ref or just in general for getting booked, got subbed after about 70 minutes,possibly tactical to make sure he didn't get a Red later in the match as he still seemed match fit.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Rooneys goal record is average when you  compare it to Zlatans. I just checked and was surprised how average Rooneys was, you would expect him to get 20+ in the MLS. 

Zlatan is still good enough to play top level football becuase of him being so tall and strong so not needing pace as much,  where as Rooney is a player who scored quite a few goals based off raw pace and now he doesn't have it so isn't a top goal scorer anymore. I still think he will be a very good signing as a creative player as he is still a very good passer, and we will have a good set piece taker as all our set pieces at the moment our awful. He can also put in tackles and will add some strength to a light weight team, him Holmes and Bielik should be a very good midfield if Cocu finally comes to his senses and doesn't play Huddlestone.

On 16/09/2019 at 10:52, atherstoneram said:

Rooney had a decent match and made some good telling passes in the last 3rd of the pitch. He got booked yet again but the foul should have been for him and not against him as i thought it was a 50/50 tussle, maybe Yank refs have it in for him. I thought he was going to get a Red when he mouthed Duck off, wasn't sure if it was directed at the ref or just in general for getting booked, got subbed after about 70 minutes,possibly tactical to make sure he didn't get a Red later in the match as he still seemed match fit.

I don't know if you realise , but Duck is not a swear word.  Mi Duck

7 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I don't know if you realise , but Duck is not a swear word.  Mi Duck

As someone who attained  "O" and "A" levels in English language I am fully aware Duck is not a swear word, alright Rooney used "F" , how remiss of me for not posting verbatim what he said but i was just being polite 

I do hope your post made you feel better by bringing that to my attention,everyone else knew what i meant.

Anyway, stroll on Saturday when i will be at Edgbaston watching Derbyshire play in the T20 Vitality Blast Final while listening to the Rams on the radio. You never know it might be a good day all round, come away with 3 points from Elland Road and Derbyshire beat Notts in the final (but we have to beat Essex First)

30 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

As someone who attained  "O" and "A" levels in English language I am fully aware Duck is not a swear word, alright Rooney used "F" , how remiss of me for not posting verbatim what he said but i was just being polite 

I do hope your post made you feel better by bringing that to my attention,everyone else knew what i meant.

Anyway, stroll on Saturday when i will be at Edgbaston watching Derbyshire play in the T20 Vitality Blast Final while listening to the Rams on the radio. You never know it might be a good day all round, come away with 3 points from Elland Road and Derbyshire beat Notts in the final (but we have to beat Essex First)

Whilst your there can you have a look out for your sense of humour ?

9 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

I am so sorry that my sense of humour slipped right passed you.

It was a joke. ?

Anyway, I'm jealous, what a day out at Edgbaston!, you seen the forecast? all that cricket and booze eh.

Me?, i'll be switching from Sky Sports Cricket to Sky Sports Football around lunchtime, then again I'm hoping to be able to make use of the Sky Sports 'split screen' option. What a day saturday is gonna be, can't wait..

9 minutes ago, mozza said:

Anyway, I'm jealous, what a day out at Edgbaston!, you seen the forecast? all that cricket and booze eh.

Me?, i'll be switching from Sky Sports Cricket to Sky Sports Football around lunchtime, then again I'm hoping to be able to make use of the Sky Sports 'split screen' option. What a day saturday is gonna be, can't wait..

You lost?

On 06/08/2019 at 19:35, CamsChorizo said:

Here is the map. States like Idaho, Montana, North and South Dakota, Wyoming, and Nebraska do not have large cities and the population to support teams. Many other states have USL teams, the “equivalent” of Championship here in the States. 

E3911233-7302-4ACC-A617-8EDCBD66E125.thumb.jpeg.6d2418bba074246c14275bc877cdb636.jpeg

From what I saw on Saturday Vancouver v Columbus a lot of league 1 level too.

Archived