Rooney Performances @ D.C. United

David

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/09/2019 at 19:53, TigerTedd said:

Bugger. We don’t want them on the play offs do we? That’s more games for him to get injured in. 

Also more games to keep up fitness?

I hope he gets through unharmed, it'd be the most Derby thing for Rooney to do his ACL in the MLS final and never grace Pride Park

55 minutes ago, lukedcfc said:

Decided to watch Dc United tonight, poor game and Rooney was poor as well. Rooney misses their next game after a yellow card, it could be his last game for them. No goal in over 2 months for Rooney, very poor in a league like the MLS.

Alan Hinton thought Rooney did well. [His question marks will look odd to people not used to them. It's a feature that defines his Twitter feed]

I watched the game - I thought that he had very little service, and was very well marshalled by the New York defence. His free kicks are largely excellent, and produced probably the only chances that DC had to score. The volleyed pass though that set New York on the attack with a 4 to 2 advantage - that's another matter entirely.

4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

He was pretty poor last night, but as others have said, the game wasn't an easy watch and there was little quality from either side.

Was surprised to hear he hadn't scored since July(?).

I expect that his commitment may have waned (haha) a little after the tie up with us became known. I fully expect him to be one of the best Championship players if not the very best once he arrives

On 30/09/2019 at 07:09, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He kicks off whenever someone asks him why he does it. Very strange.

Reckon he's been on the booze wi tommy and bizzle & dropped his phone n crapped it up so it puts question marks instead of a full stop

On 29/09/2019 at 20:24, Carl Sagan said:

Alan Hinton thought Rooney did well. [His question marks will look odd to people not used to them. It's a feature that defines his Twitter feed]

It reminds me of my old man when he first got a calculator.

He could never quite wrap his head around the fact that he didn't need to turn it off and on again to cancel the memory - no matter how many times I told him.

Alan is either a very curious person or some ducker swapped the question mark and full stop around on his first phone as a joke not realizing the devastating long-term consequences to his Twitter followers over the following years.  

13 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

It reminds me of my old man when he first got a calculator.

He could never quite wrap his head around the fact that he didn't need to turn it off and on again to cancel the memory - no matter how many times I told him.

Alan is either a very curious person or some ducker swapped the question mark and full stop around on his first phone as a joke not realizing the devastating long-term consequences to his Twitter followers over the following years.  

Ok. He has answered the question several times; that is probably why he gets a bit fed up when asked about it. 

He says that he wants to encourage debate so poses his statements as questions. A little eccentric but no more so than our own @Curtains who asks loads of questions but never ever uses the ?   

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Ok. He has answered the question several times; that is probably why he gets a bit fed up when asked about it. 

He says that he wants to encourage debate so poses his statements as questions. A little eccentric but no more so than our own @Curtains who asks loads of questions but never ever uses the ?   

It is a bit strange though. He does it for literally every sentence. I’d never have a pop but I don’t think it’s on when he has a go for people merely asking.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It is a bit strange though. He does it for literally every sentence. I’d never have a pop but I don’t think it’s on when he has a go for people merely asking.

I don't follow him myself so hadn't noticed him having a go but I do see the odd retweet from him. He's getting on a bit!

Archived