Jordon Ibe

Day

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All jokes aside. If he is out of contract in the summer...and we need a wide player....I think we should make him a no1 target for an outfield player. Obvs, GK is the main issue, but as a championship player he is right at the top. 

Forget the off the field issues, as long as they can crash that ball in the net, I dont mind

I'd have him back in a heartbeat.  He's just what we need on the opposite side to Lawerence, who's steady improvement is evidence that Cocu could get Ibe playing again.  

His problems at Bournemouth are probably down to just being at the wrong club at the wrong time...

Goes without saying that if he’s available on a free in the summer we should look to bring him in. If we had more depth at winger you’d be tempted to let someone else roll the dice on him but beggars can’t be choosers.

A talented player still in his mid twenties is too good to turn down, particularly when it’s at such a position of need.

Derby is a great fresh start for him too. Big club in the championship, top manager for this level and some good senior pros around him. He’d come in, get some love and feel like he’s landed on his feet as opposed to ending up somewhere like Reading or Hull. I think he’d have a really good chance at getting his career back on track.

If we brought in Ibe and Te Wierik before the summer even started, that would be fantastic value. Filling CB and RW isn’t usually cheap, it would give us leverage when we’re chasing other targets and suddenly we’re only a couple signings away from looking like a complete squad.

58 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Goes without saying that if he’s available on a free in the summer we should look to bring him in. If we had more depth at winger you’d be tempted to let someone else roll the dice on him but beggars can’t be choosers.

A talented player still in his mid twenties is too good to turn down, particularly when it’s at such a position of need.

Derby is a great fresh start for him too. Big club in the championship, top manager for this level and some good senior pros around him. He’d come in, get some love and feel like he’s landed on his feet as opposed to ending up somewhere like Reading or Hull. I think he’d have a really good chance at getting his career back on track.

If we brought in Ibe and Te Wierik before the summer even started, that would be fantastic value. Filling CB and RW isn’t usually cheap, it would give us leverage when we’re chasing other targets and suddenly we’re only a couple signings away from looking like a complete squad.

Throw in Daniel Sturridge for kicks.

5 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well if we're becoming a rehab unit for troubled souls i'm sure there's a few more out there we could target - is Adam Johnson out yet, he was a decent wide player, if a thoroughly indecent character

tenor.gif

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Yep and both would be really cheap wages wise, could we have one sponsored by Bet 365 and the other with the betting site 888

that would be good we would have squad numbers 1-888 awesome ? 

23 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

The only stumbling block will be his wages, can imagine he's on a fair whack at Bournemouth, after all Bentley's aren't cheap ?  I can imagine a relegated club with all that lovely parachute money will pick him up.

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

The only stumbling block will be his wages, can imagine he's on a fair whack at Bournemouth, after all Bentley's aren't cheap ?  I can imagine a relegated club with all that lovely parachute money will pick him up.

Although he probably will join a relegated club, if there is no transfer fee the 3 or 4 million that you would have to pay for a quality winger then part of that can go on wages.

On 04/03/2020 at 12:58, MackworthRamIsGod said:

All I keep thinking when I look at the likes of Hart, Sturridge (who was a Derby fan whilst Dean was here) and even Lallana (although I think that's a very long shot) are free agents in summer is come on, let's get the England squad back together. Probably not worth chasing Baines though.

42 minutes ago, Rample said:

All I keep thinking when I look at the likes of Hart, Sturridge (who was a Derby fan whilst Dean was here) and even Lallana (although I think that's a very long shot) are free agents in summer is come on, let's get the England squad back together. Probably not worth chasing Baines though.

Would mind hart if cheap enough to be honest..

15 hours ago, Rample said:

Andy Carroll out of contract in June. Big target man - got a couple of England appearances. Friend of the treatment room......surely would fit in well with Derby!

?

On 05/03/2020 at 11:08, ramsbottom said:

Not sure his market will actually be that big, Ibe is due a pay cut.

Where’s his leverage? He’s been spending his time playing for the U23’s and as you say crashing Bentley’s, not exactly driving the price up. Even when he was regularly in the team he wasn’t tearing it up, 3 goals in 78 appearances for Bournemouth.

I don’t think anyone’s going to be paying him close to what he was on at Bournemouth and if you’re a relegated side, I think you’re looking for a better player than him.

22 hours ago, richinspain said:

Although he probably will join a relegated club, if there is no transfer fee the 3 or 4 million that you would have to pay for a quality winger then part of that can go on wages.

I can imagine he'd want a fair-ish signing on fee though

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Not sure his market will actually be that big, Ibe is due a pay cut.

Where’s his leverage? He’s been spending his time playing for the U23’s and as you say crashing Bentley’s, not exactly driving the price up. Even when he was regularly in the team he wasn’t tearing it up, 3 goals in 78 appearances for Bournemouth.

I don’t think anyone’s going to be paying him close to what he was on at Bournemouth and if you’re a relegated side, I think you’re looking for a better player than him.

True, but according to spotrac.com he's on £38k at Bournemouth, so even if he asks for half that, I'd expect that to be stretching our budget.  Would be happy if we could afford him though.  He strikes me as an Ince/Gayle type player, tears the Championship apart, but doesn't seem quite good enough for the Prem.  But he's still only 24, so could still develop with the right coaching...

40 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I can imagine he'd want a fair-ish signing on fee though

True, but according to spotrac.com he's on £38k at Bournemouth, so even if he asks for half that, I'd expect that to be stretching our budget.  Would be happy if we could afford him though.  He strikes me as an Ince/Gayle type player, tears the Championship apart, but doesn't seem quite good enough for the Prem.  But he's still only 24, so could still develop with the right coaching...

11 goals in over 150 league appearances is a poor return.

Archived