Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

What I want to know is how Mel even found out that this was a possibility.  Imagine going to ask Wayne Rooney to play for Derby County, and imagine him saying yes!

i wonder if maybe FL might have had a little influence on this.....

2 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

No doubt Wayne would have spoken to Frank about the club. How much Frank had in arranging it? Who knows.

What i do know, is I'm gonna have to buy two shirts now, with Keogh and Rooney on the back...

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I reckon Mel has a bucket list of Wags he wouldn't mind 'meeting'...Lampard, Cole now possible Rooney.

I bet on the final golden page he is working his way up to a bit of posh, Beckham is bound to end up here.

That's fine just as long as we don't let their son take any official club photographs

nintchdbpict000334777802.jpg?strip=all&wthats an image in a publicised and  commercially available photography art book, that is.

As insane as this is, I’m sort of not that surprised.

Mel has shown time and again he can get big names down to Pride Park, and while Rooney is absolutely huge in comparison to some of the others, it’s just part of life at Derby County nowadays, in the weirdest way possible.

This club is magnificent and I hope it never, ever changes.

Just now, Simo said:

No doubt Wayne would have spoken to Frank about the club. How much Frank had in arranging it? Who knows.

What i do know, is I'm gonna have to buy two shirts now, with Keogh and Rooney on the back...

or just have one shirt with Rooney4Keogh on it

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I can't sleep goddamnit.

Im a god damn grown ass man, not some 8 year old on Christmas Eve. The duck is wrong with me.

Grow the duck up Sai... ROOOOOOONEYYYYYYY

You big girl. 

He's past his best and sees us as gateway club after seeing Lamps and Cole get coaching boosts. 

I have to be up at 5 and I'm keeping the missus up using words like World, class, legend, greatest, Rooney in the same sentences as County and Derby. 

Really really need to this to be played down. 5 hours till the alarm goes

1 hour ago, Rams forever said:

Lol,did I make it that easy,Morley Hayes tomorrow if he's not already there. There in talks,this could be something else if he comes amazing!

Some say he's there but other reports say hes on a plane tonight?

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You big girl. 

He's past his best and sees us as gateway club after seeing Lamps and Cole get coaching boosts. 

I have to be up at 5 and I'm keeping the missus up using words like World, class, legend, greatest, Rooney in the same sentences as County and Derby. 

Really really need to this to be played down. 5 hours till the alarm goes

You're right. Will probably turn out to be  huge waste of money that completely destroys the squads togethern....

AND ROONEY SURELY SCORES THE GOAL THAT SEALS PROMOTION FOR DCFC!

5 minutes ago, Barnetbyram said:

It does make sense that maybe the time Lampard and Cole had here presented Mel with some ITK. 

I can't see how else Derby and Rooney could cross paths. Unless he's been a long time fan. 

You know, like Taribo West

10 minutes ago, nottingram said:

He is also coming in (if immediate) midway through a competitive season so in theory he should be way more up to speed than most in the squad / division even m.

Wayne has the cash to buy himself out of any contract if he wants to do so. Wayne does not need the.money but he does want the training. Compromise needed.

FFP explodes. Mushroom cloud over Derby.

Mel is on a roll. Cocu would be unfazed by Rooney as he has nothing to prove. Cocu filled with delight at Derby goals tonight. Cocu means business big time. Bringing Knight on when we could have lost two points days it all. Knight is going to get his chance.

Archived