Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, philc130 said:

I have got a great idea for a chant if he signs we could just chant Rooney Rooney over and over again it would be brilliant 

Financial Fair Play

A pain in the neck

Mel don't give a duck

He's signing shrek.

The chatter on social media is that he’s told the DC United team that his family want to leave and he’s been looking for a way to finish his contract early. He’s also apparently in contact with Burnley too but we’re the only ones offering him a role as a player coach... It’s happening guys.

15 minutes ago, Anon said:

The only thing I'd be concerned about are wage demands. I was one of the people who were very critical of him in his later Man Utd days, where he was dropping deeper and deeper, but I've been really impressed with the way he's played and his mentality in DC. Obviously, the pay check was the reason he went (it's why most players go anywhere), but he's been a model professional and a great leader on and off the pitch for the team. He's not even that old. At 34 I believe he'd still be a major threat at Championship level.

I don't believe for a second this will happen though. Someone must be pulling our collective plonker.

He's on somewhere between 65-70k per week in MLS ($3.5m) but then earns around $10m a year in endorsements. 

Don't see it happening at all. But he'd be class in the Championship and class that we would welcome 

4 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

He's on somewhere between 65-70k per week in MLS ($3.5m) but then earns around $10m a year in endorsements. 

Don't see it happening at all. But he'd be class in the Championship and class that we would welcome 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/10/23/wayne-rooney-is-officially-making-million-mls-thats-just-start/%3foutputType=amp

Making 2.7 million dollars according to official figures. So that's 50k dollars a week (40k per week in pound ish). Can see him taking a 10/15k pay cut to establish himself as an English coach. 

1 minute ago, Rams forever said:

Apparently so,he will be at a very local establishment in the next couple of days,hope this does not get me into trouble as family member works there,the owner himself saying its on.

I think you've been more than vague enough mate ?

34 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I want to say it but I can’t. 

Oh god, I’ve got to. Does your mate work at EMA?? 

Actually as much as I want to say yes, that isn't the case sadly...it was a mate who saw him though, he isn't a Derby fan, an Arsenal fan and wasn't even aware of our apparent interest.

Archived