Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kernow said:

If his contract is cancelled within the window then he can sign at any point as a free transfer. Whether that’ll happen or not I don’t know.

If he's over here for talks now, I'd say it's bang happening unless Mel becomes noticeably tumescent and slobbers over a picture of Colleen during the negotiations.

Just now, Needlesh said:

If he's over here for talks now, I'd say it's bang happening unless Mel becomes noticeably tumescent and slobbers over a picture of Colleen during the negotiations.

I’d agree, but if there are issues on the DC United side, it would give us a bit more time than having him medical, Gibson giving him the “Welcome to Derby County” and announced before Thursday.

It has to be said Mel has raised the profile of the club to stratospheric levels firstly by appointing Frank, and then by his silky smooth handling of his exit. 

How far have we come from those desperate days when the Three Amigos bought the club for loose change and then proceeded to rob the club blind?

Dorsett said that plans were in place to cancel his contract with DCU, so I'd imagine it will be immediate rather than January. No idea if we will be paying anything towards that, but if we get him immediately then we genuine have one of the best players this division has ever seen. 

I immediately go back to Phillips in the twilight in his career and how important he was for WBA at this level. Rooney won't be ever-present, I don't even think that's the requirement, but he'll a leader in the dressing room and on the pitch. I mean, it's only two seasons ago (17-18) where he still got into double figures in the Premier League and he was used more as an attacking midfielder. 

When I first heard this I was gobsmacked, if this actually happens it would be unreal, hopefully he can play immediately and we don't have to wait until January as I reckon he would make a massive impact. Imagine a midfield 3 of Beilik ,Shinnie and Rooney with Lawrence, Marriott and a new quality RW winger added, I'd have us down for the Title if that happened.

I can't sleep goddamnit.

Im a god damn grown ass man, not some 8 year old on Christmas Eve. The duck is wrong with me.

Grow the duck up Sai... ROOOOOOONEYYYYYYY

Archived