Cameron Carter-Vickers - Signed for Stoke, then Luton

JfR

4 hours ago, Carra said:

I'm sure you could find negative comments about Tomori on a Hull/Brighton forum after his spells there. Fast forward and he had a great season, won our POTY, and has gone on to feature for England. I'm not saying Carter-Vickers is going to have the same impact, and I understand Jody Morris will have known Tomori well before he came, but surely we should be reserving judgement until (if) he actually plays. He might be a gem.

If my memery serves me right wasnt there those on here that doubted him on here? Oh and isnt her just 6ft 1inch not tall enough to be a center half lol lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

If his parent club wasn’t one of the top Prem Clubs, nobody would be interested. Why don’t we shop in the lower leagues and get a permanent. That lad from Northampton looks a decent prospect. 

If you mean the MOM Charlie Goode,I’d agree! 6 feet 5 inches with a prodigious throw and always seemed to be in the right place to stifle the few attacks we made. Reminded me of a younger Aden Flint.Not sure about his composure in passing etc but looks as if he could cope easily with the Championshio.

On 26/01/2020 at 16:50, nogbad van 50 said:

If you mean the MOM Charlie Goode,I’d agree! 6 feet 5 inches with a prodigious throw and always seemed to be in the right place to stifle the few attacks we made. Reminded me of a younger Aden Flint.Not sure about his composure in passing etc but looks as if he could cope easily with the Championshio.

...and they got him on a free from Scunthorpe last jan? That’s proper scouting.

Does anyone know who our recruitment team is officially?

As this seems like a serious duck up, I seem to remember Radio Derby doing 15 mins on us going after CCV. a few weeks back. It looks like we moved on to other targets and let this one go. Bad gamble now it looks like none of the other targets are coming either.

21 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So not only did we lose out to Luton on the pitch we also lost out in the loan market if we were actually in for him? Bloody hell.

Doesn't seem like we were. Seems like he was on our list quite a way down, but the names higher up haven't truly been ruled out yet. You don't jump down the list if you think there's a chance of getting someone you really want, even though it risks getting no-one. 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

So not only did we lose out to Luton on the pitch we also lost out in the loan market if we were actually in for him? Bloody hell.

You're correct - IF!!!

Never ceases to amaze me how quick some fans are to believe the worst about their club.

Archived