Fun one... Stupid transfer clauses

Bored now of waiting for a transfer so to brighten the mood with the impending 'record bielek transfer' which is obviously going to be the most structured deal ever by a Derby signing. What is the stupidest/unrealistic transfer clause we can invent? 

I'll start...

If a Derby manager reaches the end of their contract.... In this case cocu

A clause if Derby win the champions league in 3 seasons (footy manager reference) 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if some contracts do have clauses inserted by agents in case, that in hindsight look ridiculous...

Nugent a bonus for scoring 10 goals a season.

Thorne or Martin a bonus for playing 10 games a season.

Huddlestone or Carson getting a bonus for playing for England again.

9 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Wonder if some contracts do have clauses inserted by agents in case, that in hindsight look ridiculous...

Wouldnt surprise me, except the Thorne and Martin one. It was probably ambitiously set at like intervals of 50... Good luck on getting just one of those

52 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

You mean like all the clauses that were supposedly in Raziak's contract with Spurs?

3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Antony Martial has a clause about a bonus fee for Monaco is he wins the Ballon D'or  which in hindsight seems a bit ridiculous.

Following a computer hack (allegedly) various details of contracts were published some of the PSG players were interesting... They get paid an ethical bonus  to clap the fans at the end of the game, be on time, be good boys basically. Neymar's was something stupid like 80K/week. When they signed him and put his name lit up on the Eiffel tower that was something like 500K Euros!

23 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Having to pay WBA every time we play Thorne, imagine that!........ oh.... wait 

Going purely on Football Manager here, I'd imagine it's quite common that there are payments made per appearance up to about 50 games. It's just because Thorne and Anya haven't been playing that people start pointing to it as an excuse.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Going purely on Football Manager here, I'd imagine it's quite common that there are payments made per appearance up to about 50 games. It's just because Thorne and Anya haven't been playing that people start pointing to it as an excuse.

I’m not so sure, appearance bonuses at lankmark appearances I’d say is common, but this sort of deal seems a little weird. Don’t think it was quite the same with anya, I think there was a 30 game clause or something like that which we were trying to to avoid triggered. I think Rowett all but confirmed that fact if I recall correctly

Archived