ROSENOIR HOPES FOR SIGNINGS

JoeDerby

ROSENOIR HOPES FOR SIGNINGS

The EFL gets started this weekend and Derby coach Liam Roseniorsays the club will try to bring in one or two more players in as they aim to replace Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori, who have left after loan spells last season.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

Rosenoir conforming we are being very careful this window (as we all know). The players must be the right fit for how we want to move forward as a club but 1 or 2 coming in before Monday.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there’ll be more than before Monday. I reckon we need 4 in before Monday if we’re gonna compete, maybe even more in the last week of the window. But yes, we definitely do need a cb and Cm to replace Tomori and mount, two of those signings need to be in those positions. It sounds like we’ve got two done ready for announcement, they’re probably in those two roles.

49 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

We've got Davies back after a year out and Evans and wisdom can fill in too there. 

Go for ramselaar deffo. Think we'll manage till Jan. Mid table ok till Xmas. Fulham were bottom 6 till Dec. 

Davies only seems useful as backup - possibly if the opponent has a Jon Parkin style centre forward. Wisdom I haven't heard of for ages but isn't his heading ability somewhat suspect? Evans has done well and could be a useful emergency cover, but probably high risk to rely on him for an extended period.

I think we need to move wisdom on if he cannot recapture some sort of form once he has recovered from injury?

28 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Davies only seems useful as backup - possibly if the opponent has a Jon Parkin style centre forward. Wisdom I haven't heard of for ages but isn't his heading ability somewhat suspect? Evans has done well and could be a useful emergency cover, but probably high risk to rely on him for an extended period.

I think we need to move wisdom on if he cannot recapture some sort of form once he has recovered from injury?

I wouldn't have a problem with Evans starting and certainly wouldn't consider him as high risk.

31 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Sorry mate - was trying to think of a witty (ish) one liner that didn't sound racist given the accidental typo......

now watch someone chip in to say that I failed to achieve the first bit! ?

You just know it is going to happen

1-2 in seems right to me. Cocu and Mel both eluded to seeing what the club has (youth and senior). Plenty of players on the team that need a look-in. Very much agree with this strategy. Will see more movement in Winter and next Summer. Really hope the club doesn't panic-buy someone and sticks with this strategy. Very refreshing, and very much a smart decision to see what players we have. 

I've said it before; seems some of you want us to magically have youth given a chance, while buying new players to be given a chance, while bringing back old players to be given a chance, while trimming deadwood (or what your take on deadwood happens to be), while selling players for large sums that have not been given a chance. Etc, Etc.

Slow down folks. Can't all be done at once.

This is shaping up to be the tidiest pre-season in modern Derby history, at least as far as I can remember. This is going to set the club up nicely going forward. Buzzing about this direction! 

coyr

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

has Liam changed his surname to sound more exotic? Thought it was Rosenior?

Or have we hired his more shadowy cousin by mistake....?

You're not seriously suggesting we actually spell anyone's name right are you? Have you gone insane???????

Archived