ROSENOIR HOPES FOR SIGNINGS

JoeDerby

15 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Really? To replace the bloke who was MOTM in our last pre-season game or the ex-England international that many think should be our number one?

A bloke who couldn't catch a cold and has zero command of his penalty area and an ex England international (some 12 years ago), who always seems to be injured lately and on a likely high earner.

Yes please, replace the lot, Mitchell included = he's 24 and nowhere near the standard required at this level.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Papahet said:

A bloke who couldn't catch a cold and has zero command of his penalty area and an ex England international (some 12 years ago), who always seems to be injured lately and on a likely high earner.

Yes please, replace the lot, Mitchell included = he's 24 and nowhere near the standard required at this level.

So we pay up all their contracts and sign three new keepers?

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I think there’ll be more than before Monday. I reckon we need 4 in before Monday if we’re gonna compete, maybe even more in the last week of the window. But yes, we definitely do need a cb and Cm to replace Tomori and mount, two of those signings need to be in those positions. It sounds like we’ve got two done ready for announcement, they’re probably in those two roles.

But, what if we only get two in before Monday and two in after playing Huddersfield? does that mean our season is over after one game??? 

Just now, Papahet said:

I would agree that Carson isn't worth his salary and that Mitchell is nowhere near Championship standard.

Roos might just be a number two but I think we need a new number one.

Ditch Carson and Mitchell - i'm sure we'll get interest in them both by the deadline.

Roos is welcome to stay if he's backup, but I don't feel at all confident in him being our number one. He's a good shot stopper, but his catching ability is absolutely shocking, he's now 27 and still making basic errors.

A keeper should be one of the biggest priorities to strengthen before the window, but it's gone pretty quiet now Walton's moved.

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

But, what if we only get two in before Monday and two in after playing Huddersfield? does that mean our season is over after one game??? 

No, noones season is over after one game. Nor do I expect all our business to be done by Monday, in an ideal world we’d have everyone in long ago but that’s never gonna happen realistically. There’s normally still something to do left on the deadline day madness.

I just happen to think we’ll need to and hopefully will sign more than just the 4 by the end of the window. Hopefully we can start with a few before Monday, with 2 clearly in the works already.

I'm hoping to have 11 new players in by Monday and then another 11 before the end of the transfer window. Ideally they would all be foreign players that I've never heard of or seen play and I dont care whether they suit the system that we want to play.

Failing this I would be happy for our new manager to try and work with the squad he has been left with and try promote some of our own youngsters.

We need more in but there’s no rush to get them in before Monday as all training and tactics would have been sorted with the players currently available. 

Last season it took Marriott a while to get going and I should imagine Cocu would have the similar patience to what Lampard showed.

20 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

We've got Davies back after a year out and Evans and wisdom can fill in too there. 

Go for ramselaar deffo. Think we'll manage till Jan. Mid table ok till Xmas. Fulham were bottom 6 till Dec. 

Whilst I agree we need more in let’s not forget what we have here already. Jack Marriott holds the key for me, his running in behind with Dowell in the side will be massive for us if we can keep him fit

Archived