Matt Clarke - Joined on loan for the season AGAIN

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarke is a beast. Good player, puts himself on the line, decent left foot. Said at the start of preseason we should have a look.

Obviously to move twice permanently within the window smacks of a bit of Unsworth, but no shame in a loan if its because they don't think he's ready to step up 2 divisions. 

Whilst it's in my head could do worse than go in for the winger from pompey too. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Any good?

And would this be a good signing instead of Bielik?

Great signing and I'd guess in addition to Bielik who would be brought in as a deep midfielder if he signs. 

2 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Very. Pompey have had some good young players come through in recent years and as far as I've seen he's been the best of the bunch by a mile. 

They got him in a swap deal with Adam Webster from Ipswich. Not a Pompey boy.

Town just benefited from a hefty sell-on fee.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/matt-clarke-signs-for-brighton-from-portsmouth-1-6119937

25 minutes ago, admira said:

They got him in a swap deal with Adam Webster from Ipswich. Not a Pompey boy.

Town just benefited from a hefty sell-on fee.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/matt-clarke-signs-for-brighton-from-portsmouth-1-611

Some guy on twitter is suggesting that Bristol City are trying to get him on loan as part of the deal in Selling Webster to Brighton ?

Would make sense to be honest

I can’t say I’ve ever seen him play, at least not acknowledged him anyway as I watched Portsmouth a few times last season. I like the noise around him, plus the fact he won 2x POTY awards.

I just don’t see why they would buy him and then loan him out if he’s as good as advertised. Webster is decent, perhaps one of the top defenders in this league, but £25m is outrageous. How bad were the rest of Bristol’s team last season to have that amount of talent in their squad and finish below us? 

Wait and see with this one, but it’s positive that we’ve been linked with someone at long last. 

If BHA have signed Clarke and is seen as third choice what about Dan Burn ?? whats happened to him ?? has he moved ?

He was signed from Wigan and is about 6ft7 i think and i always thought he was half decent and never got a sniff last season,  think Burn would be decent on a permanent

12 minutes ago, Saity said:

If BHA have signed Clarke and is seen as third choice what about Dan Burn ?? whats happened to him ?? has he moved ?

He was signed from Wigan and is about 6ft7 i think and i always thought he was half decent and never got a sniff last season,  think Burn would be decent on a permanent

Rubbish with the ball at his feet. Might as well play Curtis Davies. 

Archived