Once a Ram, always a Ram?

cheron85

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Srg said:

Robbie Savage and Kenny Miller immediately spring to mind.

I have to stand up for Savage....signed for a role he was not capable of doing on his own with a lack of talent in the rest of the team.

I remember him being the most honest I have heard a footballer, on Soccer AM about his form, something about him booing himself let alone the fans....he then worked out how he could play and was instrumental in keeping us in the championship.

On top of this, he was at every single Derby County connected charity event, was an excellent role model re family life, and he even gave a guy and his lad a lift to a match when he saw them in their kit at the side of the road after breaking down. Top guy.

13 minutes ago, R@M said:

I have to stand up for Savage....signed for a role he was not capable of doing on his own with a lack of talent in the rest of the team.

I remember him being the most honest I have heard a footballer, on Soccer AM about his form, something about him booing himself let alone the fans....he then worked out how he could play and was instrumental in keeping us in the championship.

On top of this, he was at every single Derby County connected charity event, was an excellent role model re family life, and he even gave a guy and his lad a lift to a match when he saw them in their kit at the side of the road after breaking down. Top guy.

Heard a story about Savage from a mate of my who was born in Leicester but is now a die hard Ram fan, that his mate use to baby sit Savages dogs, and when he turn 17 Savage bought him his first car it was a mini to say thanks for always looking after my dogs, to me that is a lovely touch.  One player I have no love for is Burns, and loved it when Savage was waving his scarf around the city ground after we beat them as well. Class act that was lol

4 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Heard a story about Savage from a mate of my who was born in Leicester but is now a die hard Ram fan, that his mate use to baby sit Savages dogs, and when he turn 17 Savage bought him his first car it was a mini to say thanks for always looking after my dogs, to me that is a lovely touch.  One player I have no love for is Burns, and loved it when Savage was waving his scarf around the city ground after we beat them as well. Class act that was lol

3 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Tommy fekin' Docherty

Hate is a strong word but ill agree with hating that Bamford.

Someone mentioned Ravanelli, no hate for Fabrizio from me, he was actually a class player, the hatred should be bestowed on the person who signed him and gave him such a ludicrously big wage.

27 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Hate is a strong word but ill agree with hating that Bamford.

Someone mentioned Ravanelli, no hate for Fabrizio from me, he was actually a class player, the hatred should be bestowed on the person who signed him and gave him such a ludicrously big wage.

My Grandad God bless his soul, loved DCFC, and always said to me that the Doc destroyed a excellent Derby team, swapping players like Gemmill and bringing in players such as Goalkeeper Middleton who had a bad back, my Grandad never said a bad word against anyone, apart from the Doc, he hated him with a passion.

Why all the hatred for Bamford? He scored some vital goals for us in a time that we remember fondly.

I get that he tweeted his support for Forest once and that he likes a moan and a dive (Chris Martin anyone?), but I don't understand why there's all this vitriol. Posh boy, yes, but we knew that when he signed.

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why all the hatred for Bamford? He scored some vital goals for us in a time that we remember fondly.

I get that he tweeted his support for Forest once and that he likes a moan and a dive (Chris Martin anyone?), but I don't understand why there's all this vitriol. Posh boy, yes, but we knew that when he signed.

He scored meaningless goals in a time that we achieved nothing.

Easy to hate players in that circumstance.

From yesteryear....John Harkes, poser who flounced around but nowhere near as good as he thought and at least partly to blame for play off defeat.

Mears hasnt been mentioned? Thought he was a decent player but that his exit left a lot to be desired?

Craig Fagan, one of those players every other set of fans would hate...not overly keen myself.

From current crop..no hatred, but Butterfield is my least favourite. Just not done it at all. Looks halfhearted in every way.

Sith Happens

Hate is a strong word but surely Jeremy Keith, Andrew McKenzie and Murdo Mackay have to be up there with most disliked ex Derby connected people.

Took over a club that was already struggling and bled us dry, even got banged up for it.

What have I missed with Camp?

Savage was terrible for us, he annoyed me long before signing and his habit of passing to no-one hardly placated me.  His general nonceyness and desire to be the footballing equivalent of Wolf from Gladiators annoys me.

Kitson I never took to, Leacock I lost any respect for after he bottled it and asked not to play, Flynn because Smith always had to involve him in every game, Bohinen & Beck due to being a bit pants and Forest links, Claude for being terrible, of course King Billy for being a twot and even managing to put a dampener on winning promotion, Hudds for a while after he left for peanuts and then came back for Wolves and scored against us but I've forgiven him, Reich for going missing as soon as someone crunched him, Poole because he summed up everything wrong at the time, Barnes for being a numpty, Thirlwell for being Butterfield, Butterfield for being a grumpy Thirlwell and the whole toe-biting thing, Mears for running away, Hendrick for being a waster, Shackell for coming off as a tool, Miller because he wasn't the savior.

I remember seeing Sean Flynn out in town once and he came across as a horrible little man, who had a very high opinion of himself. 

Nigel Pearson likewise seems to be made of similar stuff. 

I don’t get the Sav hate at all. He was frustrating at times, but that was all to do with not being used in the right way. Set him up in the right team and used properly Sav would have been excellent. We didn’t do that at all. He was a good role model off the pitch and seemed one of us unlike some of the prima donnas that have played for us.

Sith Happens

Cant hate any player for not performing for us, not their fault, only the fault of those that bought and managed them.

Archived