Leeds Documentary

JfR

21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

"Take us home" I'm assuming is the Premier League?

Been away from home for quite a while now innit?

"Home" that leeds was thrown out of, told never to come back and the divorce papers are on t'way with 2nd class postage cos we're still yorkshire.

followed by "squatting" in the championship in between bouts of "vulnerable yorkshire football team shelter" in league 1 going round telling other residents (like sheffield clubs) that "i was champion of europe, i mean I didn't actually win, but I just am, and i lived in a big house and had a beautifull yorkshireman for a wife and everyone turned against me, to keep me down because they're all jealous of my yorkshireness.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Is this a made for channel 5 film? 

How dare you! They rolled out the red carpet for this. It was a very glamorous event where all the players and their wives fondly remembered the season they did what 2 teams do every year in this league

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

"Take us home" I'm assuming is the Premier League?

Been away from home for quite a while now innit?

I think it was "Take us at home".

They just watched the final episode, and took the title from that.

8 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

When is this actually on? Hope I haven’t missed it, I could do with s good laugh at the moment.

It comes out tomorrow on Amazon Prime, so you can watch it whenever, so long as you have Amazon Prime. If you haven't, you can get a month long free trial of it.

Have watched the crucial ten minutes from Episode 6. It's well put together and glorious for obvious reasons.

There's a wispy accoustic cover of Marching On Together which made me gag (personal pet hate), but the footage they have of the away fans, Mel Morris celebrating in the stands, different angles of the goals... and Russell Crowe saying 'Seconds into the second half, Leeds are shaken to their core', makes it very enjoyable!

The bit you want is from 21:00 until 32:00 in Episode 6.

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Get a free trial!

Prime?  Will I get bombarded with crap?  Will I have to notify them, to cancel any automatic continuation (after the trial period)?

Don't answer that... I'll take a look over the weekend.  Must say, I'm tempted!

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Prime?  Will I get bombarded with crap?  Will I have to notify them, to cancel any automatic continuation (after the trial period)?

I WILL DEFY YOU AND I WILL ANSWER!

But really, you can join and then cancel immediately and you'll keep your membership until then. 

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You don't get bombarded - I took out a free trial to watch the Man City documentary that was on.

But, yes, you do need to 'cancel' your subscription before it automatically renews - I set myself a reminder on my phone. When signing for the free trial you will be asked to enter payment info (for this reason) but you won't be charged.

Just watched all 6 episodes, it really is worth the watch.

The first 5 episodes build them up to be this great club and team that’s destined for promotion. Dan James is shown having a photoshoot, signing his contract for it all to collapse, Bamford trying to justify his acting skills.

Then episode 6 which is a real tear jerker it is.

24 minutes ago, David said:

Just watched all 6 episodes, it really is worth the watch.

The first 5 episodes build them up to be this great club and team that’s destined for promotion. Dan James is shown having a photoshoot, signing his contract for it all to collapse, Bamford trying to justify his acting skills.

Then episode 6 which is a real tear jerker it is.

It really is brilliant. The smugness they all show after that Bielsa press conference. Cutting from fan to fan, to head of media, to director of football, to chief executive, all gloating over how they got one over on Derby County just to prove a point. Fast forward a couple of hours (episodes) and those same people are all in tears as a slow, sad version of marching on together plays, with the sound of Derby fans chanting faintly in the background.

Archived