Sign in to follow this  
Animal is a Ram

Liam Rosenior

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I thought in one of the pre-match analyses he'd identified Keogh as being a chink in our armour.

You may be thinking of Dean Ashton on Quest, rather than the far more knowledgeable Rosenior 😉

I can’t recall Rosenior criticising Keogh as a player quality wise but him and Keith Andrews did criticise Keogh’s mentality because of his interview before the West Brom home game. Essentially Keogh said that even if they didn’t beat West Brom , it had still been a brilliant season and Rosenior and Andrews criticised Keogh for not having a winner mindset, because he’s subliminally convincing himself that it would have been fine not to beat West Brom and that spreads to the rest of the players, luckily we won that game though .

However, I personally got the feeling that some of the players were happy just to be at Wembley unlike Villa who were desperate to win after the previous years’ disappointment. Iirc, Rosenior mentioned that in such a situation at Brighton , it would be deemed a failure by Hughton and the senior players if they didn’t reach at least the play offs at the start of their journey as a team and it was an absolute failure when they had “their peak team” and didn’t go up.

Edited by McLovin