Liam Rosenior

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he came across very well on Sky. Nevertheless, it’s one thing to summarise a game that’s happened and another to predict what’s going to happen before it happens. I just think some of his comments on Keogh last season were quite poor considering just how important he was for us.

Still, he knows the division very well, as well as League One. No doubt he has a bit upstairs and will help Cocu transition.

All the best to him. 

Sky coverage of the EFL takes a huge knock ? 

I don't think it'll be too long before he's a manager tbh

I'm glad they emphasise that he's going to be yet another body with a focus on transitioning youth into the first team, as well as the analysis we all knew he's going to do. He's done good work with Brighton's academy recently.

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Lacks experience at smiling, clearly.

Good appointment though.

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Needs to improve on his polo shirt modelling skills...FFS Mel why didn’t you check that out BEFORE appointing him?! #Shitpoloshirtmodelling. ?

"Rosenior’s position on the first-team staff will, as well as working with players on the training ground with a particular emphasis on individual development of emerging young talent, see him play a prominent role in pre-match opposition analysis with the scouting and analysis departments."

Interesting role, focused on young players stepping up and opposition preperation 

Just now, jimbobram said:

What's the fuss about ? what will he bring ? Think i've missed the hype about him

What is hugely important is, he knows the league well. Cocu wouldn't be able to when the season is truely up and running properly dedicate time to research all opponents if we're playing Saturday - Tuesday, so getting someone in who knows the league and knows how the teams play is critical.

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

What's the fuss about ? what will he bring ? Think i've missed the hype about him

A very rare, almost universally liked pundit for Sky's coverage of the EFL; alongside being assistant coach to the 3rd best U23 side in the country last season.

Comes across as intelligent, professional and generally a good guy.

And he should have a very strong knowledge of the Championship, which was the primary reason for the role being created.

1 minute ago, jimbobram said:

Probably felt we needed someone who knew the league more than the new coaching team and Rosenior is that man. A promising young coach with experience of helping young players develop.

Don't think its a groundbreaking appointment but it is a good, sensible appointment.

Archived