Sign in to follow this  
Animal is a Ram

Liam Rosenior

53 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

A very rare, almost universally liked pundit for Sky's coverage of the EFL; alongside being assistant coach to the 3rd best U23 side in the country last season.

Comes across as intelligent, professional and generally a good guy.

And he should have a very strong knowledge of the Championship, which was the primary reason for the role being created.

His Guardian column has been excellent as well.  So he can write, as well as talk a good game...

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Or, we could be hoping that he will be a Plan B if Cocu and his team did move on quickly - we'd have an experienced man on our staff already that might be able to step up into the Manager's role.

Definitely this. A shrewd appointment. Obviously here to do the job that he;s been appointed to, but if Cocu doesn't work out, we have a first team coach who could potentially step up (and won't automatically leave with Cocu as "one of his team").

Remember Mel talked about getting some continuity into the club..

13 minutes ago, David said:

His job description gives a better idea of the role he will have.

Rosenior’s position on the first-team staff will, as well as working with players on the training ground with a particular emphasis on individual development of emerging young talent, see him play a prominent role in pre-match opposition analysis with the 33rd DCFC Drone Squadron aka "the Dark Helmets".

🤣

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

The Dark Helmets sounds like something else entirely. Some would say once you've donned a Dark Helmet, you never go back.

I'd stay away from Red Tube if I was you.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

The Dark Helmets sounds like something else entirely. Some would say once you've donned a Dark Helmet, you never go back.

Sounds like a load of space balls to me.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Glad about this. Only pundit that talked sense in a rational manner. Good appointment well done DCFC

Absolutely correct. Been massively impressed by his analysis all last season.

1 hour ago, David said:

Could be the signing of the summer this. 

Nobody knows the Championship better. 

Tell me the last time you watched a Championship game on Sky and thought this mans talking nonsense. Never is the answer. Hasn’t happened. 

Huge loss for Brighton and Sky. Mel, you crafty so and so.

I totally agree, David. Must be on a good wage here. He pointed out glaring faults in our team last year and he was ALWAYS right.

Just when you thought the backroom staff could not get any better, it did. He is so articulate he pulls his own trailer.

I cannot imagine the loans and transfers being any different. Some serious brain power being gathered here.

Always seemed to have in depth knowledge of the opposition when talking pre-match tactics on Sky - always picked out our weaknesses at defending crosses into the box, lets hope he can help solve that problem!

Smart move. - help the Dutch mob with Championship integration - and clearly very articulate

been good on all the up-to-date issues. - with racism etc (Dad was a bit of a dirty bar steward though)

Welcome to the mighty Derby County

5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Hasn't he been rather critical of Captain Keogh in the past, or have I imagined that?

Hasn’t most people on here one time or another?

still one of the best CBs we’ve had for years

1 hour ago, David said:

His job description gives a better idea of the role he will have.

Rosenior’s position on the first-team staff will, as well as working with players on the training ground with a particular emphasis on individual development of emerging young talent, see him play a prominent role in pre-match opposition analysis with the scouting and analysis departments.

So he's taking Chris Jones' job?