Liam Rosenior

ie,

1 hour ago, David said:

a particular emphasis on individual development of emerging young talent

He knows what to look out for in a under 23 to indicate they're ready for first team football in the UK (to complement Scheepers more general youth knowledge?)

1 hour ago, David said:

see him play a prominent role in pre-match opposition analysis with the scouting and analysis departments.

And he knows the teams in this league really well so can help the new staff understand them

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shrewd appointment.  Seen a lot of him on Sky and he's always on the nail.  Mate of mine is a BHA fan and rates him, so be good to see what he does.  Looks like we have a really solid coaching team now, just need to translate that into the team and on the pitch.  Dare I say I can't wait.....

He's not Dutch. 

Don't get me wrong I've got much love for Sir Mel but I thought we were going for Seedorf or Kluivert. Maybe even Sneijder. 

Can't see us making the play offs now. Marc Overmars will be laughing. 

GSE in!

He talks well on Sky so must be good (some logic right there). Surprised actually how this will work with the new set up, we’ll see I guess. 

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Hasn't he been rather critical of Captain Keogh in the past, or have I imagined that?

He “analysed” the Birmingham goals against us and off the back of that, Keogh was accountable for errors. I’d say the analysis was fair within the context of the review. 

40 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He's not Dutch. 

Don't get me wrong I've got much love for Sir Mel but I thought we were going for Seedorf or Kluivert. Maybe even Sneijder. 

Can't see us making the play offs now. Marc Overmars will be laughing. 

GSE in!

Could be worse................spacer.png

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I thought he came across very well on Sky. Nevertheless, it’s one thing to summarise a game that’s happened and another to predict what’s going to happen before it happens. I just think some of his comments on Keogh last season were quite poor considering just how important he was for us.

Still, he knows the division very well, as well as League One. No doubt he has a bit upstairs and will help Cocu transition.

All the best to him. 

Every single club in the world would try to hire him if he could do that, or any other coach/manager for that matter.

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I thought he came across very well on Sky. Nevertheless, it’s one thing to summarise a game that’s happened and another to predict what’s going to happen before it happens. I just think some of his comments on Keogh last season were quite poor considering just how important he was for us.

Still, he knows the division very well, as well as League One. No doubt he has a bit upstairs and will help Cocu transition.

All the best to him. 

Though Gary Neville at Valencia and Shearer at Newcastle showed it can be done.

5 hours ago, David said:

Could be the signing of the summer this. 

Nobody knows the Championship better. 

Tell me the last time you watched a Championship game on Sky and thought this mans talking nonsense. Never is the answer. Hasn’t happened. 

Huge loss for Brighton and Sky. Mel, you crafty so and so.

If we manage to hire Don Goodman to clean out the bogs after the players have used then I wouldn't be surprised given Mel's cunnningness. 

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Really like Rosenior- always comes across well informed in his pudintry work, and seems to know what his talking about. Strikes me as an intelligent bloke who speaks well and is a good character. Really happy to have him at our club on my personal opinion of him. 

That said, it’s who works will with cocu that matters, so I wouldn’t have minded who it was really- the fact it’s someone I like as an individual is a bonus. I’m just glad we’ve got more than one first team coach this time, I’m a big believer in having multiple coaches to share the workload and focus on individuals a bit more- feel we were a little understaffed in that regard under Lampard.

All a bit out of the blue though this one, no mention of any approach for him to Brighton or contract negotiations- only rumours from none other than Craig bloody ramage!

...that’s easy for you to say @Millenniumram

4 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Hasn’t most people on here one time or another?

still one of the best CBs we’ve had for years

Honestly, no. I think 'most people on here' think Keogh is an absolute rock and that we're lucky to have him. There's a few on here wh can't help but jump on his back anytime he messes up and then there's some who criticize him even when he's played well. Most howver, do not.

Perhaps Rosenior will come to revise his view over time.

Disappointed with this. He's been only good commentator at Sky, what the hell I'm supposed to do during the half-time from now on?!

On a positive note, I'm expecting best ever season from Keogh...

Archived