Liam Rosenior

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Honestly, no. I think 'most people on here' think Keogh is an absolute rock and that we're lucky to have him. There's a few on here wh can't help but jump on his back anytime he messes up and then there's some who criticize him even when he's played well. Most howver, do not.

Perhaps Rosenior will come to revise his view over time.

I like Keogh, but absolute rock might be stretching it a bit...anyway what exactly has Rosenior said about him?

17 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I like Keogh, but absolute rock might be stretching it a bit...anyway what exactly has Rosenior said about him?

Nothing awful, certainly when compared to a noisy minority on here. He's just given me the impression that he doesn't particularly rate Keogh. In fairness and for clarity, I do think Rosenior is a sound appointment and can only stregthen what already looks to be a very strong coaching team. I've certainly enjoyed his punditry as he's a guy who always appears to have done his homework. In so much, I'm happy to overlook him dissing our Richard ?

BTW - Cavaleiro went to Wolves for £7 mill, he's not being touted at that price as you inferred ?

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Honestly, no. I think 'most people on here' think Keogh is an absolute rock and that we're lucky to have him. There's a few on here wh can't help but jump on his back anytime he messes up and then there's some who criticize him even when he's played well. Most howver, do not.

Perhaps Rosenior will come to revise his view over time.

I don’t think it’s anything malicious to be fair. If you like your defenders to defend then your probably don’t rate Keogh. He’s an average defender at this level. 

It’s his ball playing that has him up there. He’s been our best midfielder for the last three seasons… from centre-half.

15 minutes ago, cannable said:

I don’t think it’s anything malicious to be fair. If you like your defenders to defend then your probably don’t rate Keogh. He’s an average defender at this level. 

It’s his ball playing that has him up there. He’s been our best midfielder for the last three seasons… from centre-half.

No not at all. Have to say I think he's better than 'average' but must be careful not to derail the thread so best leave it there really.

17 hours ago, Ramarena said:

We aren't over staffed on the coaching side of things

Not sure how the correct level of staffing is determined, but I do know that in the pre-match warm up time (that most of you miss) Derby often have more "coaches" on the pitch than players. One match I counted 24, excluding the camera people. Most visiting teams seam to have about 10. 

I've got a feeling this is Mel setting up Rosenior to become a future manager. Watching Roseniors opinions on the Sky debates + on TV he comes across as an attacking minded coach who does a hell of a lot of research.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Not sure how the correct level of staffing is determined, but I do know that in the pre-match warm up time (that most of you miss) Derby often have more "coaches" on the pitch than players. One match I counted 24, excluding the camera people. Most visiting teams seam to have about 10. 

We need a bigger coach park.we are leaving no stone unturned. One Bogle pays for a big investment in Academy and for a couple of coaches.we are going to be a mini Chelsea sending loads of players out on loan.

On 11/07/2019 at 01:32, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

No not at all. Have to say I think he's better than 'average' but must be careful not to derail the thread so best leave it there really.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. We both think he’s good, you just think he’s better than I do. 

The Keogh - Mel - Clement - Rush he said /she said hots up with Rosenior's introduction, given his previous comments about Keogh.

It may be that Rosenior's choice of future comments regarding Keogh may give us more clues on the above.

On 10/07/2019 at 16:18, Woodley Ram said:

Like this one, if he is anywhere near as good as he is on TV he will be a big success. I hope he continues on SKY as well.

Welcome Liam

He's one of the main reasons i invest some of my 'hard earned' in Sky.

Laughable that people think that Rosenior doesn't rate Keogh. He may have pointed out an error in a specific game or two but that doesn't mean he doesn't rate him!

Are we willfully ignoring the credit he lavished on Keogh for the goals of Mount & Marriott in the 2nd half at Leeds? ?

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Laughable that people think that Rosenior doesn't rate Keogh. He may have pointed out an error in a specific game or two but that doesn't mean he doesn't rate him!

Are we willfully ignoring the credit he lavished on Keogh for the goals of Mount & Marriott in the 2nd half at Leeds? ?

I’m sure Keogh got the same criticism from our own analysis team for those goals. But hey, people love a workplace drama that isn’t there.

2 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

The Keogh - Mel - Clement - Rush he said /she said hots up with Rosenior's introduction, given his previous comments about Keogh.

It may be that Rosenior's choice of future comments regarding Keogh may give us more clues on the above.

Wha?

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Of course.  That's not dramatic at all.

You should know better Carnero, I'm bit disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Calm down chap! Nothing wilful about it. Was just an impression I had that may well be off the mark. I thought in one of the pre-match analyses he'd identified Keogh as being a chink in our armour.  If so I'm not sure what's 'laughable' about not agreeing with him. If you're saying that he has definitively never done so, fair enough! 

12 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I’m sure Keogh got the same criticism from our own analysis team for those goals. But hey, people love a workplace drama that isn’t there.

What drama. I'm not even referrring to the analysis of the Birmingham goals. Jeez. I've said it wasn't a major thing just an impression and that he's a good appointment, so no real need for the snide remark is there? 

12 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

What drama. I'm not even referrring to the analysis of the Birmingham goals. Jeez. I've said it wasn't a major thing just an impression and that he's a good appointment, so no real need for the snide remark is there? 

Not a personal attack, more of a general statement. But point taken. 

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Not a personal attack, more of a general statement. But point taken. 

Ignore me mate. I'm just in a shitty mood. It seems likely I'm ascribing another pundit's comments to him anyway as it seems nobody else recalls him saying anything bar the Birmingham analysis. 

Archived