Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think flojo will be on his bike to league one so I wouldn’t worry about it

FloJo was behind the likes of Depay and Lozano at PSV, different situation completely here. The fact he was kept at PSV for 4 years suggests Cocu will see at least some use for him. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Very premature judgement. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

I was jesting slightly, I think he does have something about him to unlock. My general feeling is tho that he’ll never make it here, I’d be surprised if he’s here at the start of august

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I was jesting slightly, I think he does have something about him to unlock. My general feeling is tho that he’ll never make it here, I’d be surprised if he’s here at the start of august

Judging by that interview, you're probably right.

FloJo's bitterness is perhaps a bit unjust, but I think the question highlights a lack of research by the interviewer and to some degree he might just be annoyed at the question. Sure he wasn't ever a first team regular, behind Depay and the like, but Cocu played him a decent amount before he tore his ACL. 

While out with his ACL injury, PSV (a now Champions League team) recruited and he was pushed further down the pecking order. That happens.

20 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

FloJo was behind the likes of Depay and Lozano at PSV, different situation completely here. The fact he was kept at PSV for 4 years suggests Cocu will see at least some use for him. 

Here he's behind the likes of Lawrence and Bennett - At least at PSV a dutch international and future £25m footballer was keeping him out

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Here he's behind the likes of Lawrence and Bennett - At least at PSV a dutch international and future £25m footballer was keeping him out

Not convinced he'll remain behind Bennett with a new manager, though. As much as I like Bennett.

The one thing Josefzoon is, is a genuine winger. When he has played well, it’s been really noticeable, as no one else we have beats players and puts balls into the box from that position. Last season we relied on the full backs to do it. 

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Not convinced he'll remain behind Bennett with a new manager, though. As much as I like Bennett.

Performance-wise last season Bennett was leagues ahead of poor FloJo to be fair - I keep saying he just needs a bit more confidence - Not sure if Cocu will give him that or not with their history ?‍♂️

That said if the 'excitement' in the playing staff being reported is to be believed he can't be too negative about it?

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Performance-wise last season Bennett was leagues ahead of poor FloJo to be fair - I keep saying he just needs a bit more confidence - Not sure if Cocu will give him that or not with their history ?‍♂️

That said if the 'excitement' in the playing staff being reported is to be believed he can't be too negative about it?

As I say though, I think their supposed negative history is being blown a little out of proportion.

I think he'd be pretty upbeat about his chances to get back into the first team under a Dutch coaching team. They love their (proper) wingers. Not like the recent English emergent preference of wide-players who cut inside 95% of the time.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Understand from who? 

Nothing can be announced until Chelsea appoint Frank (I've not missed it have I) so, Cocu finalising the deal isn't the only dependency. 

Chelsea have agreed to wait til we have a manager sorted to announce frank, from a chelsea fan with numerous sources and thousands of followers 

14 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

As I say though, I think their supposed negative history is being blown a little out of proportion.

I think he'd be pretty upbeat about his chances to get back into the first team under a Dutch coaching team. They love their (proper) wingers. Not like the recent English emergent preference of wide-players who cut inside 95% of the time.

You mean like Robben, Depay, and countless others?

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You mean like Robben, Depay, and countless others?

I mean I guess my observation is somewhat biased RE England as I don't watch much non-Derby stuff, but I feel as though we've had incredibly few "proper" (to use the oldschool phrase) wingers.

I feel like wingers going down the outside and putting in a cross are more the norm in the Netherlands, from watching the Eredivisie.

I accept Robben's a notable exception, as he's very much like Lawrence (the same crosses per game in fact, 0.4) - but I don't agree about Depay. Yes, you see him cutting in plenty on his highlight reels, but it's not the majority of his play.
He averages 2 crosses a game, which doesn't sound like much but would put him in the top 5 in any league in Europe; except for, to my point, the Eredivisie.

47 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

The one thing Josefzoon is, is a genuine winger. When he has played well, it’s been really noticeable, as no one else we have beats players and puts balls into the box from that position. Last season we relied on the full backs to do it. 

Thought he was excellent at Wembley when he came on.

42 minutes ago, BagRam said:

Chelsea have agreed to wait til we have a manager sorted to announce frank, from a chelsea fan with numerous sources and thousands of followers 

May be true but I don't know why they would. What is to be gained? Surely they want to announce it to their own fans when they're ready rather than when it suits us but I can't see any real benefit to us either.

Archived