Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Isn't DW also on the board or something?

Be surprised if he followed Frank to Chelsea. What role could he get there that's better than the role he has here?

Head of Academy at Chelsea? i.e. Jody Morris's old job.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Isn't DW also on the board or something?

Be surprised if he followed Frank to Chelsea. What role could he get there that's better than the role he has here?

Bigger club, more money etc.

I agree with you but he might have a different perspective or want a change

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wasn't Morris the U18 manager?

Looks like he's been involved at U21 and U18 levels. No mention of a "head of" as I assumed.

Wiki:

In the 2013/2014 season he returned to Chelsea, initially to help coach the Under-21 squad. He was then an assistant coach of the Under-18 team, and moved to head coach of the team for the 2016/2017 season.The team won the FA Youth Cup for the fifth successive time in 2018. In May 2018, he became assistant to Frank Lampard at Derby County.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

I'm excited by this appointment (assuming it happens) but I have to admit, the 4 year deal is a bit of a risk IMO.

Why ? Surely 4 years means he’s here for the long haul and maybe he wanted assurances as we are players short and he has got to work fast to get us going as we lack players ...I thought 4 years was a good sign 

4 minutes ago, Saity said:

Why ? Surely 4 years means he’s here for the long haul and maybe he wanted assurances as we are players short and he has got to work fast to get us going as we lack players ...I thought 4 years was a good sign 

Would be very expensive to sack if it turned out to be a disaster.

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I suppose we've made a bit of dosh on past managers, so swings & roundabouts. If he's any good it won't really matter, but I'm sure Mel has thought it through after all the managers he's been through! ?

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Yes you’re right but I think we as fans have to be more patient than ever because he has a lot to do in just a few weeks we kick off and signing players and getting his philosophy across may take time and on paper we have a tricky first 5 games

We must look long term as he really does get his sides playing good football and mainly young players but if we expect miracles straight away some may be very disappointed ....just hope we give him time as to me this is the best manager I can remember us hiring for years and a real statement from Mel 

3 minutes ago, Saity said:

Yes you’re right but I think we as fans have to be more patient than ever because he has a lot to do in just a few weeks we kick off and signing players and getting his philosophy across may take time and on paper we have a tricky first 5 games

We must look long term as he really does get his sides playing good football and mainly young players but if we expect miracles straight away some may be very disappointed ....just hope we give him time as to me this is the best manager I can remember us hiring for years and a real statement from Mel 

I'm excited and all for being patient. I just think 3 years would be more prudent, but it's not a huge issue. 

30 minutes ago, inter politics said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/789272/Chelsea-news-Frank-Lampard-Derby

That was the story that suggested Wassall could go, not the best source but...

That looks like a complete load of bull,just throwing anyone at the club into the mix...I'm surprised they have left Mrs Doyle,the tea lady out

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Have his wages been revealed??? We could be paying him £20, 000 per year for all we know. His contract could be worth peanuts to pay off.

Archived