Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

I hope thats exactly what we do get. It would be too cheesy to see the new man doing an impression of frank. A wave will do fine. 

Agreed.

The Bounce is a/ Old Hat, b/ Stolen from elsewhere, and c/ Anti-Fo*est, as opposed to pro-DCFC.

Time to let it go.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Mel has managed to persuade Cocu then you have to give huge credit to him. Cocu on paper is an ideal fit. He’s a more proven manager than Lampard, he doesn’t have the negative celebrity status that Lampard brought, it was almost the Frank Lampard show at times and our club didn’t matter. We also don’t have to put up with the patronising nonsense by Lampard’s friends and family in the media every week about how Lampard  single handedly turned us into a free flowing attacking exciting team because they just happened to see a handful of games and formed their opinions based on that. Meanwhile Cocu is just as respected around Europe as Lampard so we shouldn’t miss out on the attracting player recruitment side.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Some good players signed but thats alot of transfers, and more money to spend than we have.

Should be okay though - Take the most expensive transfer out of there every season and it looks relatively affordable on our budget - And then bear in mind he was singing players to win a tier 1 league and we're trying to win the championship - The dutch league may not be as strong as the german or even french leagues but it's still arguably stronger than the championship

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Should be okay though - Take the most expensive transfer out of there every season and it looks relatively affordable on our budget - And then bear in mind he was singing players to win a tier 1 league and we're trying to win the championship - The dutch league may not be as strong as the german or even french leagues but it's still arguably stronger than the championship

Dutch league is underrated. People just bash the league and the French league but a lot of stars have developed out of both leagues and there are many bargains to be had. I think a lot of Derby fans are a bit hesitant to sign foreign players because Albentosa and Camara didn’t work out but that really shouldn’t put us off. Look at some of the successful foreign players we had in the 90s.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Dutch league is underrated. People just bash the league and the French league but a lot of stars have developed out of both leagues and there are many bargains to be had. I think a lot of Derby fans are a bit hesitant to sign foreign players because Albentosa and Camara didn’t work out but that really shouldn’t put us off. Look at some of the successful foreign players we had in the 90s.

All foreign players need to be settled and feel welcomed. Like anyone who’s moving countries. Albentosa’s family were home sick, you can’t plan for them circumstances. Foreign players have mostly been good for the club over the years. Idiakez was my hero growing up, signed him for nothing and is one of the best set piece takers I’ve ever seen.

49 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Agreed.

The Bounce is a/ Old Hat, b/ Stolen from elsewhere, and c/ Anti-Fo*est, as opposed to pro-DCFC.

Time to let it go.

I'd assumed we'd all be doing 'The Cocumotion'? 

'You better swing those hips, yeah...' ?

13 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The only money he had to spend was from selling the likes of Depay for £30 mill. He helped to develop Depay and gave him his first chance in the first team. In 14/15 and 16/17 he barely spent anything and in 15/16 and 17/18 he just spent the money he earned from player sales. We already have Bogle, but if he can develop any other young players to the point where they are worth £15 million or more it should provide enough funding for what he wants to do.

On 03/07/2019 at 08:51, SouthStandDan said:

All foreign players need to be settled and feel welcomed. Like anyone who’s moving countries. Albentosa’s family were home sick, you can’t plan for them circumstances. Foreign players have mostly been good for the club over the years. Idiakez was my hero growing up, signed him for nothing and is one of the best set piece takers I’ve ever seen.

Would expect the move from Netherlands to England to be a lot easier than say Spain to England, or Netherlands to Turkey. The climate is roughly the same and you can fly from East Midlands to Amsterdam in just over an hour, return trip just over £100. 

Probably be quicker to fly in from Amsterdam and travel to Moor Farm in the morning than get past Marketon Island if it's still as bad as I remember it to be. 

Also handy when they are fluent with the local lingo.

17 minutes ago, David said:

Would expect the move from Holland to England to be a lot easier than say Spain to England, or Holland to Turkey. The climate is roughly the same and you can fly from East Midlands to Amsterdam in just over an hour, return trip just over £100. 

Probably be quicker to fly in from Amsterdam and travel to Moor Farm in the morning than get past Marketon Island if it's still as bad as I remember it to be. 

Dutch people tend to have decent English so should make it easier than somebody from Spain as well. 

Also I imagine it's easier for a player to settle if the manager is of the same nationality (Or least speaks the same language).

Would expect the move from Holland to England to be a lot easier than say Spain to England, or Holland to Turkey. The climate is roughly the same and you can fly from East Midlands to Amsterdam in just over an hour, return trip just over £100. 

Don't get me on the Marketon island, should have built an overpass years ago  

Would expect the move from Holland to England to be a lot easier than say Spain to England, or Holland to Turkey. The climate is roughly the same and you can fly from East Midlands to Amsterdam in just over an hour, return trip just over £100. 

When I had to work down south there was a guy who would fly in from Spain every Monday and still get to work before I got there from Derby.

21 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

All foreign players need to be settled and feel welcomed. Like anyone who’s moving countries. Albentosa’s family were home sick, you can’t plan for them circumstances.

I do wonder at times whether clubs pay attention to the human side of transfers - I'm sure the Albentosa's had a baby at around the same time as they moved - So, young child, sleepless nights, no support network of family/friends around, first time parents etc etc - There's no wonder his concentration was a bit all over the place

Just now, cheron85 said:

I do wonder at times whether clubs pay attention to the human side of transfers - I'm sure the Albentosa's had a baby at around the same time as they moved - So, young child, sleepless nights, no support network of family/friends around, first time parents etc etc - There's no wonder his concentration was a bit all over the place

Yeah yeah, but thats no excuse for forgetting your insoles though is it? ?

Archived