Lampard or Cocu?

IslandExile

Lampard or Cocu?  

367 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

I agree entirely but I assume if Chelsea do not appoint Frank the 4 million is no more?

Ok, if Chelsea do not appoint Frank now, you either hope a mutual agreement can be made to terminate his contract without compensation for either, or as fans make Frank aware he has been a very naughty boy, but you’re here, let’s try our best to put this behind us. 

Not sure which way the club would go, as I say it feels like irreversible damage has been done. Very rarely do football fans forgive and forget.

Obviously the ideal situation now would be Frank takes over Chelsea, hopefully announced tonight, compensation cheque an Tomori in the post. Mel gets on the blower to the agent of Cocu or whoever he has in mind, tell him to pack his bags he’s off to Florida and we see an appointment made before the weekend. 

I'm guessing that if this Poll were to start again, the pendulum just swung massively to Cocu.

From 09.01am this morning, I no longer want Frank to be any part of our club.

I also want this to fail miserably for all of them when they do takeover - not from sour grapes from leaving Derby, I can understand why he wants to go but from us now having to start pre-season in limbo and the players coming in to no manager. 

This is showing disresepect on a new level.

Oh, and they can shove their loans up their arse, we don't want any of them.

Not sure Josefzoon would be that happy if Cocu is the choice. He was asked in a Brentford interview, how did Cocu help his career and Josefzoon said he didn't really, as he didn't play. Suppose Memphis Depay and whoever else was probably a better option at that point though!

15 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Not sure Josefzoon would be that happy if Cocu is the choice. He was asked in a Brentford interview, how did Cocu help his career and Josefzoon said he didn't really, as he didn't play. Suppose Memphis Depay and whoever else was probably a better option at that point though!

I thought somebody said he had a serious injury. ACL?

I have a feeling that Frank is gone, sad as it is to say. I just hope it doesn't drag out for much longer. It pisses me off that they haven't sorted it by this point, one way or another.

Cocu is a genuinely exciting name to be linked it. It would allow for some Frank and Jody continuity but with a bit more experience. It would actually be great if we could keep Jody as his assistant - I know it won't happen, but it would be amazing! ? 

Promotion > Style of play

Cocu every single time from me. We are being too demanding wanting promotion, exciting football, u18's in and around the side and winning games comfortably.

Gimmie promotion and the money that goes with it please.

Cocu I think now - hes tarnished us a bit, FL. - and himself with the protracted negotiations.

And  - we can still close a deal to get two Chelsea loanees. - as well as access to the Dutch market via Phillip - if hes on his way

best of both worlds on players I reckon

Cocu also has more experience as a manager also. - and I like Dutch managers approach to the game

Research into cocu suggests he’s a very defensive solid manager. If any of you are expecting continuity from Lampard I think you’re gonna be disappointed... it’s gonna be a team based on a strong back 4 and fast wingers chasing 1-0 wins. Certainly not going to be an attacking pressing mentality.

That said, that doesn’t mean hoofball. He still puts a lot of emphasis on the quality of his midfield. Imo he sounds like a clement style rather than a Rowett or Lampard.

1 hour ago, David said:

Ok, if Chelsea do not appoint Frank now, you either hope a mutual agreement can be made to terminate his contract without compensation for either, or as fans make Frank aware he has been a very naughty boy, but you’re here, let’s try our best to put this behind us. 

Not sure which way the club would go, as I say it feels like irreversible damage has been done. Very rarely do football fans forgive and forget.

Obviously the ideal situation now would be Frank takes over Chelsea, hopefully announced tonight, compensation cheque an Tomori in the post. Mel gets on the blower to the agent of Cocu or whoever he has in mind, tell him to pack his bags he’s off to Florida and we see an appointment made before the weekend. 

Oh if only life was so kind.I agree but feel so sorry for frank sounds like hes been done over

Seems like Cocu is the first name we've heard which excites us and we've taken that and ran with it. This rumour has come from similar media to the ones who have been claiming Lampard's moved is 48 hours way for 200 consecutive hours.

I was desperate for Frank to stay - I loved the atmosphere around the club that he created last year. I even voted for him in this poll that I created only last night.

But enough is enough. Not stopping his friends and relatives from pushing his case, then the Instagram from Christine, was bad enough. However, he has had the opportunity to push Chelsea to wrap it up quicker than this.

He arrived full of respect for the club and its history. It's a real shame that it is ending on such a sour note.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I was desperate for Frank to stay - I loved the atmosphere around the club that he created last year. I even voted for him in this poll that I created only last night.

But enough is enough. Not stopping his friends and relatives from pushing his case, then the Instagram from Christine, was bad enough. However, he has had the opportunity to push Chelsea to wrap it up quicker than this.

He arrived full of respect for the club and its history. It's a real shame that it is ending on such a sour note.

I agree much of it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, but I simply refused to be annoyed by a video of someone's holiday on instagram.

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

I agree much of it leaves a sour taste in my mouth, but I simply refused to be annoyed by a video of someone's holiday on instagram.

Yeah fair point and, from a media savvy couple, was probably intended to highlight the dilemma he was facing.

However, Drogba and the Redknaps are close to him - he could have had a word about their multiple postings. That seemed like campaigning for the job. But Chelsea are now really dragging it out.....we don't know but I would hope Lampard has been trying to get them to accelerate out of respect for Mel, the club, its supporters and players.

1 hour ago, inter politics said:

Not much changes then

Archived