Lampard or Cocu?

IslandExile

Lampard or Cocu?  

367 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was relieved when the article suggesting an interest in Cocu appeared. Before then the list of names to replace Frank was not very inspiring.

Now the excitement around Cocu seems to have grown. I wonder who people would prefer.

I'm actually wondering if Frank would prefer to stay at Derby where he would have more control. At Chelsea, it seems everyone has a say on who is bought and who plays in the team.

So who would you prefer as manager of Derby County?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen, I’m all for continuity and haven’t yet lost my head or become upset and mad at Frank like so many have for his “lack of comment” about everything. He’s on holiday, taking a break, as he should. Chelski, now them I’m mad at. Dragging their feet and taking their time. Just get on with it.

Cocu is by far the most intriguing name we’ve been linked with though and I actually he think he would fit our new model better than Frank. Promotes youth, both do that. Experience and in game situations, Philip has the edge on Frank, who was naive at times last year. Frank has the loan player connections. I wouldn’t mind Cocu if Frank leaves

Depends on what level of theoretical we’re talking about. Lampard is the current manager of Derby county and has done a decent job, so generally for continuity purposes and because we know what we’re getting, I’d rather stick with Lampard. Hence why I’ve gone with that as my answer. But if we’re talking where theoretically we don’t consider that Lampard is our current manager, just look at his managerial record instead- then I’d rather cocu as he has greater pedigree and is more proven.

Cocu for me. I've always felt that the England job should be a one tournament contract, win or lose - one tournament per manager then change. I'm open to extending that to the Derby manager seeing as we do it anyway. Cocu this season, then change, even if we get promoted unbeaten, sack him for new blood.

1 minute ago, admira said:

Win ratios as a manager:

Lampard (Derby) 42.1% (Played 57)

Cocu (PSV) 65.9% (232)

Cocu (Fenerbache) 25.0% (16)

But at Fenebache he was dealing with FFP problems, lack of funds and losing his best players.

So......Oh Wait............

Lampard, simply as he is the current manager and at some point we need to let a manager build a side over a few transfer windows.

If we didn't have a manager, and it was a straight choice, I'd probably go for Cocu.

Totally agree with the comments regarding stability and wanting Frank to stay to build something properly.

However I think if he was to stay now, it would end in tears. He wants to be at Chelsea now, I can't see him coming back and it being the same.

37 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Totally agree with the comments regarding stability and wanting Frank to stay to build something properly.

However I think if he was to stay now, it would end in tears. He wants to be at Chelsea now, I can't see him coming back and it being the same.

how do you know?

People put strange standards on folk in football. If he ends up staying as Derby manager no-one (within the club) is going to think differently of him because he showed interest in the Chelsea job.

Although if it's because Chelsea go for someone else, rather than Frank turning Chelsea down, I'm sure Derby will ask the question of why they sought to talk to Frank. 
Acquiring permission to talk to a manager in work and then not appointing them is pretty unheard of (unless the manager turns down the offer).

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

You can’t begrudge him for talking to them. We do t know how those talks went and for all we know, they are now looking at other candidates because Frank knows it wasn’t right at this moment in time. 

All will be revealed. 

Archived