Lampard or Cocu?

IslandExile

Lampard or Cocu?  

367 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah fair point and, from a media savvy couple, was probably intended to highlight the dilemma he was facing.

However, Drogba and the Redknaps are close to him - he could have had a word about their multiple postings. That seemed like campaigning for the job. But Chelsea are now really dragging it out.....we don't know but I would hope Lampard has been trying to get them to accelerate out of respect for Mel, the club, its supporters and players.

True but then again how much control do you really have over your slightly weird Uncle or crazy Aunt? I know mine don't listen to me at the drop of a hat. Plus in recent days we've actually seen a lot less of that from his family, so you could infer that the conversation has already happened.

I don't really believe any of that, by the way. Just playing devil's advocate. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What if???

I can't say I blame Frank for wanting his dream job. Let's face it, think of your dream job, have it offered to you, and then turn it down because you feel a sense of loyalty to your current employers!!!!! Not happening is it.

So let's say Chelsea actually decide they don't want Frank, are we still going to hang him out to dry?

He is only wanting his his dream job at a club he has a total infinity to and looking into the prospects.

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Don't know if this was on anyone else's mind, but it looks like Big Phil speaks really good English

He's Dutch - most of them speak better English than the natives. More than 90% of the Dutch population speak English as a second language.

Can we have a whip round??

Frank Lampard hasn’t yet been announced as Chelsea’s new manager but it seems just a matter of time before that happens.

That gives Derby County the task of finding themselves a new coach, and Phillip Cocu is believed to be the chosen one.

In their Monday edition, De Telegraaf look at the situation and make it very clear the 48 year old is uncertain about whether it’s the right opportunity for him.

After a tough time at Fenerbahce, which damaged the reputation he’d built whist with PSV, the Dutch newspaper explains Cocu doesn’t want to gamble and needs assurances he’d have the backing to be successful.

He ‘doesn’t yet know’ if he’ll take the Derby job, and De Telegraaf believes it’s uncertain whether the Championship club will be able to convince him.

A major worry is how much of the squad last season was made up of loan players, and how that hole is going to be filled this summer.

Finances are also thought to be an issue, with it being stated Derby ‘doesn’t have much money’.

Nevertheless, talks have already taken place and the club want to continue them this week.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/manager-doesnt-yet-know-hell-accept-Derby-county-job-concern-squad-finances/

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Research into cocu suggests he’s a very defensive solid manager. If any of you are expecting continuity from Lampard I think you’re gonna be disappointed... it’s gonna be a team based on a strong back 4 and fast wingers chasing 1-0 wins. Certainly not going to be an attacking pressing mentality.

That said, that doesn’t mean hoofball. He still puts a lot of emphasis on the quality of his midfield. Imo he sounds like a clement style rather than a Rowett or Lampard.

I’m don’t mind solid at the back. If we then looked to move the ball at pace when we get it. Rather than hoofing it or ponderously passing it sideways.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

I’m don’t mind solid at the back. If we then looked to move the ball at pace when we get it. Rather than hoofing it or ponderously passing it sideways.

Yeah I’m the same. I want to see proper passing football, that’s what’s important to me. Doesn’t have to be ridiculously gung ho as long as we don’t pussy about too much.

The idea that playing good football means you're a complete mess at the back is purely down to the fact that we've all been watching Championship football for a decade ? 

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

90% of Derby fans (who voted in the poll) want him as Frank's replacement. That is an overwhelming majority by anyone's book.

I seem to remember Nigel Pearson getting a similar number of votes and look how that turned out!

I really really hoped we would have managed to keep Frank for at least one more season but now consider his position to be untenable.  Whether that is right or wrong is up for debate.

That being said, if Lampard gets the Chelsea job, and Cocu does come to the Rams, it'd be nice to actually be able to say we have a better manager than both Man Utd and Chelsea.  No respect to Frank, but Cocu is on a different level for the Championship, and, for me, would be an even more promising appointment than Biesla was for Leeds.

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

What if???

I can't say I blame Frank for wanting his dream job. Let's face it, think of your dream job, have it offered to you, and then turn it down because you feel a sense of loyalty to your current employers!!!!! Not happening is it.

So let's say Chelsea actually decide they don't want Frank, are we still going to hang him out to dry?

He is only wanting his his dream job at a club he has a total infinity to and looking into the prospects.

I get every one lucking to get a dream job Frank included but lets not kid ourselves hear he is in to one of a three year signed contract with Derby so who is hanging who out to dry.

Its a absolute shambles we have players back for pre season training and no manager and until that is sorted we have no hope of making fresh signings.

5 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

I get every one lucking to get a dream job Frank included but lets not kid ourselves hear he is in to one of a three year signed contract with Derby so who is hanging who out to dry.

Its a absolute shambles we have players back for pre season training and no manager and until that is sorted we have no hope of making fresh signings.

My point was in line 3 - Are we still going to hang him out to dry if Chelsea don't want him.

I personally blame Chelsea for putting in this situation if they subsequently turn him down.

Gotta be Lampard IMO but if anyone is assuming it's ether or based on one article in the Times (subsequently re-hashed by a load more know-nothing journos) then they might be in for yet more disappointment. Far from certain Cocu would entertain thoughts of coming to Derby.

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Gotta be Lampard IMO but if anyone is assuming it's ether or based on one article in the Times (subsequently re-hashed by a load more know-nothing journos) then they might be in for yet more disappointment. Far from certain Cocu would entertain thoughts of coming to Derby.

This is ageing well ?‍♀️

On 01/07/2019 at 14:58, 86 points said:

23 hours ago, 86 points said:

This is ageing well ?‍♀️

I'd just like to confirm absolutely and unequivocally that there is no chance whatsoever that Cocu will be joining Derby County. Nada, nish, none... I hope this clears things up suitably...

giphy.gif

Archived