Mel Morris on melSport with Jim White

Heisenberg

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, ScamRam said:

Erm, he has just acheived his Uefa Pro Licence, the top qualification for his profession, something that I am sure Frank hasnt acheived yet. Puts Wassall in the top 200 coaches in the country. 

Being well qualified does not always mean you are great at your job, in any profession. 

Q: "Is it a waiting game now?"

MM: "We've got to start thinking about the fact Frank might move on. If we get the opportunity to talk to out-of-work managers now, we've got to. We've got to make as much out of the time available as we can."

Jim White: "NO Matter what, your undying wish is that Derby get to Premier League. After hours in your company, I don't think anyone would deserve promotion more than Mel Morris."

26 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Apparently so - a retractable roof and a "special method" of covering/uncovering the pitch quickly and in a way that won't wreck the pitch would let them host 100 events a year apparently

Huge potential upside with just 10 events a year. 

11 minutes ago, Spanish said:

from what I've read, unless it is someone out of work it will be Wassall in at least a caretaker role

The first few days are about catching up, doing tests as to where the players are fitness wise and then starting to build fitness itself. Steve Haines can do a lot of that with the medical team. The key time is the trip to America when you would expect the manager to be getting systems and style into place

Quick read through of this suggests our fans are still as confused as ever with regard to Darren Wassall, purely because of one game where our £3m centre back poo the bed for ten minutes against Leon Best, then threw his toys out at full time. Good stuff.

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

And the governance of the EFL. Seems like he is just asking those two questions again and again and again.

I think that was the main reason Morris went on to be fair - Trying to get his POV across about all the discussions over the last year about how it.s run, money etc etc

There was a moment where he spoke about parachute payments and essentially FFP "not letting" people invest if they wanted to in order to compete with the relegated teams

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Notice the phrasing from Jim White - "as you head back to Derby...or back that way"

An odd thing to say - do does he know that Mel has a meeting somewhere else near Derby on his way home? Let the guesswork begin...Big Dave?

I think he was referencing that Mel probably doesn't live in Derby itself

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

And with that, we are done and I can finally turn off TalkSport.

Same - Longest I've ever listened to it

Archived